We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antwerp vs. Brussels

chattanooga,TN
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Antwerp vs. Brussels

Will be in Amsterdam June 2012 & had planned on taking a day trip to Brussels, but I'm being told Antwerp is a more interesting city & the travel time is shorter.

I'm interested in knowing more about Antwerp from people who have traveled there & what makes it more interesting than Brussels.

Need advice as to what to do & see in Antwerp since I'm rethinking my visit.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
192 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antwerp vs. Brussels

I have lived in Antwerp and in Brussels. Both cities are close to my heart for different reasons. In your case (looking for a day trip destination), I think indeed Antwerp would be the better choice. Reasons : a more compact city (everything close together) with lots of cultural highlights. Also, in the season you are coming the 'Zomer van Antwerpen' is taking place ('Summer of Antwerp') which is our city's cultural event during June/Aug/Sept. have a look at http://www.zomervanantwerpen.be/en

If you are into shopping, then Antwerp is definitely the better of the two. From high fashion to streetwear, you will find all shops close to each other....

Let me wish you already a pleasant day trip, whatever city you'll chose !

Bart

Mentioned in this post
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
chattanooga,TN
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Antwerp vs. Brussels

Thank you for your response. I'll check out the website.

3. Re: Antwerp vs. Brussels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Antwerp