We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half day in brussels on a sunday

oahu, hawaii
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Half day in brussels on a sunday

Hi,

My husband, father and I will be traveling to brussels on a sunday in June. I am quite disappointed because one of the only things i have wanted to do is to go to the cantillon brewery. It is closed on sundays. We might consider going on a different day, but if not (or if so for that matter) what are the things that we absolutely need to do. I am completely fine with walking around, eating waffles, chocolate and drinking beer, but figured maybe i would see what other musts are in the city. We decided to stay in bruges rather than brussels but figured we would take a detour to stop on the way.

any suggestions are welcome! thank you!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
156 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half day in brussels on a sunday

For how long will you be staying in Belgium? You can always visit Brussels on another day. A train ride from Bruges to Brussels is only about an hour....

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,017 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half day in brussels on a sunday

The Brewery Museum in the Grand' Place is open on Sundays, see opt.be/informations/…15792.html

The entry fee includes a free beer at the end, but as the museum is sponsored by different Belgian brewers in rotation, it isn't possible to say whether it will be a Gueuze as at Cantillon.

Also close by are many atmospheric little bars, such as the one attached to the Toone puppet theatre off Petite rue des Bouchers, and if you visit the Mannekin Pis, this is right next to another beer bar, the Poechenellekelder (which is the only place in Brussels where the bill comes in Bruxellois). If you're interested in comic strip murals, there are several around this area, including one on the wall of the building next to Poechenellekelder, to see it you have to go uphill slightly (street to the right of the MP) and then turn around.

The Grand' Place is only a few minutes' walk from Gare centrale, where you can get off the train from Brugge.

3. Re: Half day in brussels on a sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:17