We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel - older kids

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
32 reviews
Best hotel - older kids

Hi there, looking for a nice hotel within walking distance to centre. 2 adults 3 boys who will be 14,11,9. Looking for a hotel which is child friendly and geared towards activities, football, basketball, fun in the pool, well behaved fun..but not looking for somewhere that couples would gravitate towards. Open to apartments/ hotels villas with a budget in August of max 1800 for the week. Many thanks for any suggestions.

8 replies to this topic
Carvoeiro, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Best hotel - older kids

There are only 3 hotels in the town none of which will have those kind of activities. Rocha brava resort might be an option. A bit further out but they run a shuttle service

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Best hotel - older kids

Have a look at the Colina verde complex. 2-bedroom apartments and townhouses are available - all private hire though.

Very modern and well-equipped accommodation situated only 5 minutes walk from everything - bars, restaurants, main square, beach - albeit at the top of a short but steep hill.

No organised games etc. but there is a decent-sized pool in the gardens - accessed by key/keycard.

You should be able to get something for around £700-£800 a week leaving the rest of your budget for flights and transfers.

Good luck.

Edited: 28 December 2017, 23:37
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Best hotel - older kids

Thank you both for your advice..off to research more

Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Best hotel - older kids

Monte Dourado complex just below Colima Verde might also be worth a look. We have stayed at both and both are private let’s so no facilities other than the pool or perhaps tennis on site. The pool at Colima Verde was nice but we found to be extremely quiet and most times we visited we almost had it to ourselves in August which was a bit boring for the kids.

The Monte Dourado apartment had a fabulous view and the main pool was a bit busier so the kids made lots of friends similar ages and had great fun in the pool and playing hide and seek in the gardens.

Another to look at which I haven’t stayed at but it sounds good is Quinto Da Paradiso but it does look and sound nice and ideal for you it has some facilities on site as well as a restaurant/snack bar.

I think you will be extremely lucky to find most of the facilities you require in Carvoeiro. It sounds exactly like what we are looking for now the kids are a bit older.

Edited: 01 January 2018, 23:23
Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Best hotel - older kids

I agree Carvoeiro only has a handfull of hotels.

The popular Tivoli upgraded to a 5star and us doing very well.

Most of the accommodation is in apartments or villas.

The Monte Santo resort complex could offer most of what the OP is looking for.

Edited: 02 January 2018, 00:13
Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
65 reviews
6. Re: Best hotel - older kids

I think maybe the Tivoli and Monte Santo might be struggling to come in on budget and or accommodate all 5 of them.

Not sure re: distance in relation to the centre of Carvoeiro but these may require a car or taxis in and out of Carvoeiro.

smile101
Level Contributor
83 posts
7. Re: Best hotel - older kids

Hi

If you haven't already booked somewhere, perhaps have a look at Quinta do Paraiso.

I can't comment on what it's like as not visiting there myself until August.

But we will be travelling with kids, 9, 11 and 2 x 15 - there is a multisport pitch, tennis courts, mini golf, I think there is a bit of entertainment put on also.

Only booked today so haven't fully read up on all facilities..

Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
65 reviews
8. Re: Best hotel - older kids

That was on my hit list but couldn’t find any accomodation I liked for our dates. You’ll love Carvoeiro.

Reply to: Best hotel - older kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Carvoeiro
Recent Conversations