We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked Monte Dourado

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
123 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Booked Monte Dourado

After advice on the Algarve Forum, I booked 9 nights at Monte Dourado for the last week of March first week of April. I'm coming with my two daughters 14 and 10 and husband. Any advice on trips at this time of year and things to do very much appreciated! We've never been to the area or Algarve before so any and all advice appreciated!

8 replies to this topic
Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked Monte Dourado

I have only visited in the height of summer so I am unsure what is open available at this time of year. But we were very impressed with Carvoeiro and the apartment rental we had in the Monte Dourado complex. Will you be hiring a car for your visit or not? It is not necessary for your location and we never have done but it just gives you more flexibility for visiting and exploring other areas. Enjoy.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
123 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked Monte Dourado

Thank you Moonstone,I am going to hire a car as it will give us more flexibility to see things :) good to hear you liked the apartments, do they all have pool/beach towels?

Edited: 05 March 2018, 06:15
Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked Monte Dourado

I’m not sure re the beach towels ours apartment was lovely the photos didn’t do it justice. We hired it from a lovely lady who lives down south in the UK. She was very helpful. Their was lots of lovely restaurants close by and lovely walks and that was without a car.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked Monte Dourado

Hi, you will love this complex. We have stayed there four times now and each time it gets better and better. Pool towels are provided and the pool area is safe for children. The town has everything you need with a lovely small supermarket and plenty of nice shops , bars, cafes and restaurants. The beach is lovely and clean and safe.

We even came out at xmas and it was just as nice then!

Enjoy.

Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked Monte Dourado

I would check with the letting agent re the poll towels just to be on the safe side as most apartments are private let’s so policies may differ.

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked Monte Dourado

Do you have details of the apartment you stayed in. We're looking at January so would need some heating!!

Edited: 18 March 2018, 02:19
Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked Monte Dourado

I can’t find it now sorry it was with holiday lettings and close to the main pool. Unsure if it has heating or not but it may do as it was the last thing on our minds in August.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
123 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked Monte Dourado

Hi we're here now and it has a fireplace which you can order wood for €6 a basket. Plus there are plug in electric radiators in the bedrooms.

Reply to: Booked Monte Dourado
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Carvoeiro
Recent Conversations