We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Lisbon without a car

N.J. USA
Level Contributor
322 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Lisbon without a car

We are thinking of a day trip to cascais by train from Lisbon. What can we do without a car? We enjoy walking, museums, good food

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Lisbon without a car

The centre of Cascais town is fairly compact and only a short walk from the railway station. It's a while since I have been there so I cannot be specific.

Cascais, Portugal
Level Contributor
360 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Lisbon without a car

I live in Cascais without a car - so you can definitely fill a day trip.

When you get off the train, cross the round about and walk through the old town. You can ask directions to the bay of Cascais. From the bay, you can walk up past the old fort and the marina to a lovely walk along the sea. You can visit Boca do Inferno on this walk and finally make it to Casa da Guia. There are a number of restaurants overlooking the sea with lovely cliffs.

Alternatively, you can take the Buscas right outside the train station to Casa da Guia. The bus driver will tell you when to get off. After lunch, walk back to town, visit Boca do Inferno, etc.

If you visit on Wednesday or Saturday, the Mercado is fun to visit. Any local can give you directions.

Another thing is to walk from Cascais to Estoril. There is a great paradao (Walk way) along the bay.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Lisbon without a car

and all but across the main road from the marina there's a lovely park called marechal carmona which makes for a pleasant way to spend a hour and from my last visit you'll find some of the wildlife aren't camera shy and don't mind getting up close to us humans.

Reply to: Day trip from Lisbon without a car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cascais