We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Futbol In Lisbon

New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Futbol In Lisbon

Hi Everyone,

I'll be in Lisbon from May 23rd to May 25 and I was wondering if anyone know of a futbol game around that time. I would really love to go to a game.

Many thanks.

LF

Best Seller
Lisbon to Sintra and Cascais...
1,195 Reviews
from US$89.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Lisbon to Fatima, Nazare, and Obidos...
753 Reviews
from US$89.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Lisbon Small-Group Gourmet Portuguese...
469 Reviews
from US$53.50*
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Futbol In Lisbon

The domestic football season will have ended by then - it is finishing earlier than usual because of the World Cup. Players from all European Leagues will be on their way to join their various national teams in preparation.

Portugal's national team is playing a friendly match against Cape Verde Islands on 24th May but the venue has yet to be announced. It may well be in Lisbon.

New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Futbol In Lisbon

Thank you for the information. I hope it will be in Lisbon. Do you happen to have any information about friendly matches taking place in Madrid around the same time (end of May begining of June).

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Futbol In Lisbon

No I don't but I can recommend this excellent English language website on all aspects of Spanish football

http://www.soccer-spain.com/

I suspect however that most teams will be on their way to South Africa around the end of May for final preparations.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Futbol In Lisbon

I need to correct my earlier post!

I overlooked the fact that the Divisions II and III of the national league will be in their playoff stage on May 23.

Who is playing whom when and where won't be known until the beginning of April for Division III and the beginning of May for Division II.

These playoffs decide certain issues of promotion and relegation and are bound to be keenly contested.

5. Re: Futbol In Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2010, 12:17