We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help. Travelling next week.

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Please help. Travelling next week.

Hello ,

I will be travelling with toddler. will be doing a day trip to Sintra from LIsbon. Please suggest 1 palace for visit and why . Also are strollers allowed in palaces or moorish castle ?

Thank you !

2 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
21,058 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help. Travelling next week.

Also are strollers allowed in palaces or moorish castle ? At the moorish castle it will have no use, impossible to use it along the walls, in Pena Palace if it's crowded no space to maneuver it. Also if the buses are crowded I can't see how you could carry it inside. To be honest with a small child I would stay in town, go to Quinta da Regaleira and if you feel like visiting a Palace, visit the National Palace in the center.

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
17 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help. Travelling next week.

Even Quinta da Regaleira is undoable with a stroller, I'd say. There are narrow and uneven stairs, it's hilly and dusty. Not to mention that unless a private car takes you directly to the entrance, you have to walk for several minutes next to the main road on an extremely narrow sidewalk. It's dangerous and unpleasant for one person, let alone a person pushing a stroller.

Reply to: Please help. Travelling next week.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted