We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sintra day trip

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Sintra day trip

What is the best way to do 1 day in Sintra

4 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sintra day trip

Hi.

1 - Pena Palace.

2 - Quinta da Regaleira

3 - Monserrate Palace.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sintra day trip

when it comes to sintra i guess we all have our own favourites so if you haven't already seen these two links this should help you

www.parquesdesintra.pt

sintra-portugal.com/attractions/quinta-regal…

how many attractions you can see in the day will depend on your own pace,how early you go and how you travel from one place to another but i would pick 2 or 3 which interest you the most and see how you go for time.

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
14 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sintra day trip

I visited 3 alone, which means I was faster than a group, and I found that it was more than enough. The itineraries stuffing 4-5 palaces into one day are way too intense. I recommend arriving to your first attraction at opening time to avoid crowds.

Montréal
Level Contributor
75 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sintra day trip

We went last Friday, arriving around 10am by train from Lisbonne. Walked the whole day. Went up to the Pena Palace (about an hour or so and it was so beautiful) then visited the park. As suggested here, we didn't visit the Pena Palace. Then, went to Mouros castle and finished by centro historico and with Palacio National. Had lunch at Sintra Terrace with a nice view. We were back in Lisbonne by 6pm. Amazing day!

Reply to: Sintra day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted