We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Sintra

Cape Town, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Beaches in Sintra

Which beach is the best beach in Sintra that is not over crowded but is still relatively easy accessible by bus?

(Please indicate which bus must be taken from the train station)

4 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,428 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in Sintra

The Praia da Maças is a nice beach about 18 minutes from Sintra on bus 441, Praia Grande is a slightly shorter trip on the same bus.

Please note that bus 441 leaves from the bus station at Portela da Sintra 1km from the town, does not stop at the Sintra train station and it does not pass through the town.

Bus times at www.scotturb.com

There is also a real tram, an electric tram, between Sintra and Praia da Maçãs. Summer 2017 information can be seen at cm-sintra.pt/horario-de-verao-2017-do-electr…

It does run at other times of the year but less frequently. I cannot find this information just now.

Cape Town, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in Sintra

Thank you.

Is it possible to walk along the cliff from praia da adraga to cabo De raga?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,428 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in Sintra

I recall seeing previous posts about this. There are certainly some paths but from what I saw on my visits it could be hard going. Try a look at Google Maps satellite view of the area.

It's Cabo da Roca. If you search for posts mentioning this, you might find the information.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
21,598 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in Sintra

When do you want to do that walk? if it's in winter time it can be dangerous due to slippery rocks and loose pebbles on the trails. The trail exists, but has no marks.

Reply to: Beaches in Sintra
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted