We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries from Spain or Portugal to Madeira

brittany
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ferries from Spain or Portugal to Madeira

Can anyone out there tell me if there is a ferry crossing available that runs from Spain or Portugal to Madeira as we want to drive down from France. Can't find a thing on the internet! Many thanks in advance,

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,889 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries from Spain or Portugal to Madeira

There are no ferry's at all, only ferries run from Funchal to Porto Santo and during the summer from Funchal to Gran Canaria

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,880 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries from Spain or Portugal to Madeira

I am afraid that the only option is to fly. There are regular flights from Lisbon.

Have a look at the following airlines : -

SATA - www.sata.pt

TAP - www.flytap.com

PGA - www.flypga.pt

London, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries from Spain or Portugal to Madeira

There is indeed a ferry service between Portimao (Portugal) that makes the journey to Funchal, and onwards to Tenerife and Gran Canaria. This service I believe began in early 2008 and looks like being continued through to 2009. There's some indication that this service will at some point be extended to Agadir. Check out Naviera Armas' website

www.navieraarmas.com

4. Re: Ferries from Spain or Portugal to Madeira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 10:16