We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach close to airport

Ammerschwihr, France
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Beach close to airport

I will have one day in Athens and want to spend it in beach , so there is any beach and restourant area close to the airport and how can I get there ?

Thank you for your help

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
4-Day Classical Greece Tour...
400 Reviews
from US$627.70*
Hydra, Poros and Egina Day Cruise...
824 Reviews
from US$118.40*
Special Offer
Delphi Day Trip from Athens
1,007 Reviews
from US$86.56*
US$103.00
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach close to airport

http://tinyurl.com/m82ojwv

Porto Rafti and Vravron are the closest ones,I prefer the first,taxi is the best way to get there.

Fare would be around 40 euros return

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Virginia
Level Contributor
198 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach close to airport

I too would like to use my layover to take a taxi to Porto Rafti for lunch. Will the taxi drivers at the airport speak english? I would be happy to treat them to lunch if they stay. Or, is it likely that the taverna owner would call a cab so that we can return to airport on time. I read that the taverna associated with the Sea Sight hotel serves wonderful seafood. We have a total of 4 hrs to spare between clearing customs and arriving an hour before boarding flight to Crete. Am I crazy to try this???

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Sea Sight
Sea Sight
41 Reviews
Porto Rafti, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Markopoulo
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach close to airport

>Will the taxi drivers at the airport speak english?<

Yes, for sure the basic stuff or even something more

>I would be happy to treat them to lunch if they stay.<

I don't know if this will work. Porto Rafti is a short ride from the airport so they san easily go back and continue working.

>Or, is it likely that the taverna owner would call a cab so that we can return to airport on time.<

It's very easy to do that. If he is a local he'll know the phone of the nearest taxi "piazza" and he'll call you one (which will be cheaper by the way), if not he will call a Radio Taxi.

One thing for the taxis: I advise you to discuss and agree on a fee for Porto Rafti before you take the taxi from the airport. As there is no flat rate they can ask litteraly whatever they like.

>Am I crazy to try this???<

No, it's perfectly feasible and I should know the area, beacause I live there!

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
4. Re: Beach close to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 12:16