We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
131 posts
6 reviews
Itinerary Advice

Hi-

I am visiting Greece and hope to get some advice on day trips...I am staying as follows:

Athens (2 days)

Paros (3 days)

Santorini (3 days)

Rodos (3 days)

I having a tough time deciding if doing a day trip from Paros to Delos/Mykonos is worth it or should I check out Naxos or maybe even Iraklia island on a small tour? What do you think I should do?

Thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary Advice

Since you are only on Paros for 3 days (I presume that means 3 nights, i.e. 2 full days) I wouldn't do a long day trip that will use up one of those days. That is unless you are particularly interested in archaeology and want to see Delos. What you could do is visit the small island of Antiparos for a day or part of a day.

Edited: 16 August 2015, 20:06
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
131 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Itinerary Advice

thanks for advice. I have 3 full days in paros actually. What about naxos? Worth visiting from paros? Or is it pretty much same?

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: Itinerary Advice

A day trip to Naxos is worth it to spend an afternoon walking around the old town.

Antiparos you should try and visit of an evening when the pedestrianised high street comes to life.

You don't say what month you are travelling which could be important to where you decide to visit .

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
131 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Itinerary Advice

Sorry - in 2 weeks, early september. I fly from Athens and land at 9am on day 1, staying by Livadia beach. I plan to explore parikia and beaches on day 1. On day 2 i was hoping to visit Noussa and its beaches and if possible the village of Lefkes by bus. Then on day 3 i was planning a daytrip to Mykonos but scrapped that idea. Instead i am thinking Naxos or Antiparos. I love authentic old towns and beaches. Antiparos appeals as a small island but Naxos is more picturesque i feel based on pictures. What do u think?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,818 posts
5. Re: Itinerary Advice

If you want to visit Naxos, why not leave Paros a day early and stay there overnight. After all, it's on the way to Santorini and that would save some backtracking.

You could easily spend the day in Parikia or Naoussa and still go to Antiparos for the evening as GREEKADMIRER suggests. It's only 30 minutes by bus/ferry from Parikia, and ferries between Pounta and Antiparos run until after midnight. If you are too late for the last bus from Pounta back to Parikia (around 11:30 pm, but check the schedules when you are on Paros) you could take a taxi back instead.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
80 reviews
6. Re: Itinerary Advice

Early September is an excellent time to visit. Hope you visit Lefkes It is lovely. Paros has an excellent bus system and time tables can be seen on link below.

www.ktelparou.gr

We are there for 19 days at the same time taking in Mykonos,Paros,Antiparos and Naxos..

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
1,092 reviews
7. Re: Itinerary Advice

I agree with the advice that Antiparos can be seen in a late afternoon and evening after exploring Paroikia on the day you arrive. The next day you can take the bus at around 0900 to Lefkes. From there you can walk the Byzantine path down to Prodromos and Marpisa and end up at the lovely little bay and port of Piso Livadi for lunch. If you are not into walking you can tak the bus from Lefkes to Piso Livadi. You can have a swim at Piso Livadi or the nearby beach of Logaras. From Logaras or Piso Livadi you can take the No 5 bus direct to Naoussa and spend the rest of the afternoon and evening there before taking a bus back to Paroikia.

I agree about moving on on the third day to Naxos on the 11.45 ferry. From there you can take the 1300 ferry to Santorini the next day

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
80 reviews
8. Re: Itinerary Advice

We loved Piso Livadi last year for a day trip and our intention in September is book a one night stay over to take in the evening atmosphere...A lovely place.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
131 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Itinerary Advice

Thanks!! How safe are the beaches? I am traveling on my own, is it safe to leave stuff in the bag? Or things get stolen?

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
80 reviews
10. Re: Itinerary Advice

I guess you can never be 100% sure wherever you go. But generally I would say you will be fine.

Piso Livadi has a lovely small bay lined with tamarisk trees for shade where you can then walk to the restaurants and tavernas a short walk away but still be in full view of the bay where you may be sitting.

Get answers to your questions about Paros
Recent Conversations