We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagada Accommodations

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Lagada Accommodations

I have been looking for accommodations in Lagada but can't find anything on line. I would have to think that there would be something available but none of the Chios websites, not booking.com or trip advisor lists anything.

Does anyone know of a place that could provide a studio for a few days?

5 replies to this topic
Glyfada, Greece
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lagada Accommodations

I'm a Lagada local and sorry to say but we have no accommodations within Lagada. Plenty of lovely little restaurants and cafes but if you need somewhere to stay, probably Vrontados (between the main town and Lagada) would be the closest.

Glyfada, Greece
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lagada Accommodations

I'm a Lagada local and sorry to say but we have no accommodations within Lagada. Plenty of lovely little restaurants and cafes but if you need somewhere to stay, probably Vrontados (between the main town and Lagada) would be the closest.

Edited: 17 April 2017, 19:14
concord nh
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lagada Accommodations

annoulaki: That seems very odd that such a lovely village would not have accommodations available for travelers. I've seen accommodations in Vrontados and they look OK but I think Lagada would be a lovely village to base oneself while visiting the island of Chios.

Glyfada, Greece
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lagada Accommodations

Hey @crazyh -- not really so odd if you consider that Chios isn't an island that relies on tourism. Like neighboring Inousses, much of our income is from the shipping industry. The houses here are privately owned and occupied. Every once in a while someone decides to offer rooms to rent but I don't think there's enough trade to justify the hassle. Sorry!

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lagada Accommodations

Annoulaki: OK . . . I was looking at options throughout the island and Lagada looks like a very lovely village with a nice combination of waterfront and back streets that still looks very tradtional and still reasonably close to Chios Town.

As of now I'm scheduled for 4 days in Mesta, 4 in Volissos and 2 in Chios Town, but still am looking at all options.

I may spend a little time in Lagada walking around.

Reply to: Lagada Accommodations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chios
Recent Conversations