We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire a car and English speaking driver

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hire a car and English speaking driver

We are arriving on the Pacific Princess October 10,2017 and would like to hire a car with an English speaking driver, for the day. Any sugestions? Tks. Jack

2 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,039 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hire a car and English speaking driver

Hi Jack,

and welcome to the forum.

If you aim to visit historical sites or museums please note this about guides (as an example a taxi driver will not be allowed to do any guiding inside sites or museums):

According to the Greek regulations only Greek licensed guides are entitled to offer guided tours inside sites and museums. All Greek licensed guides have to go through a rigorous training of 5 semesters and very strict examinations in order to receive their license. In addition to this most are also university graduates and have degrees in History, Archaeology, Cultural Heritage Studies and Foreign Languages.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hire a car and English speaking driver

My Grandparents are from the village of Kampos. Since my time on Chios is limited and I speek only a little Greek,I may need a local to help me locate any distant relatives that still may live in the village.

Reply to: Hire a car and English speaking driver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chios
Recent Conversations