We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to stop rouge posting

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
445 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
How to stop rouge posting

There's a response being made to an incredible amount of postings on this forum - just wanted to highlight that in case forum experts have a way to take them off quicker than simply reacting to my "Report an inappropriate post". I've probably gone a bit overboard on that anyway - apologies to anyone who deals with these as I may have done it more than once on the same post - my error!

8 replies to this topic
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,982 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to stop rouge posting

Just press the report inappropriate button and select the self promotion button on each post they have been reported to TA

Edited: 16 November 2016, 21:53
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to stop rouge posting

I've reported some of them as well. I'm sure her account will be deleted by TA in due course - or maybe if she sees this one she won't bother any more!

Edited: 16 November 2016, 21:57
Sheffield England
Level Contributor
445 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to stop rouge posting

Thanks for the replies! I hope she does get taken down as it will be very frustrating for people to look at a post believing of interest to them, only to find it was a question from several years ago and a recent reply that's nothing to do with it!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to stop rouge posting

Happens quite a lot on most forums, But alas MARIANA has left the building.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to stop rouge posting

I reported it direct to the Mods via Help Centre as they will probably delete the entire account. All the posts are gone but it does look messy. She had posts removed earlier today but started up again - probably currently just getting zapped by the community but Mods will follow up & stop further posts.

When you get a prolific spammer it is best to send their URL to Mods to deal with posts en masse.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to stop rouge posting

What has poor Spetses done to deserve this attention? Maybe it's a hotbed of financial wizardry...

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to stop rouge posting

She also posted on he Memories sticky at the top of the forum. Probably then just drilled down to one destination & started necro posting. They don't last long when Mods get to it - probably block their IP address.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to stop rouge posting

And started up again! Just everyone keeping pressing the SPAM button until Mods are on duty - remember they are US based so should be coming on duty now in full strength.

Reply to: How to stop rouge posting
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spetses