We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
296 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

Can someone please tell me when bookings open for ferry tickets from Piraeus to Spetses from 5-12 August 2017 and where I might find the schedule for departure times? With thanks, Kiki

11 replies to this topic
Darwin, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

I'm dealing with the same issue!!!

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

You will find the timetable here: https:/…saronic

On the timetables you will see the abbrevations F/D and F/C. That is the kind of vessel.

F/D = Flying Dolphin. https:/…flying-dolphin

F/C = Flying Cat. Here you can take a 360° look inside: https:/…flying-cat

Worsley, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

hi nicksy . I have just looked at the time tables for spetses for june . it would not let me book anything this early . how long before you go can you book ???

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

Don't think it's really necessary to book in advance any way. Depends also on the period you will travel. If on a Friday late afternoon you could book in advance as this are the crossings with the most passengers.

If, for piece of mind, you want to book in advance anyway I would do it 1 or 2 weeks ahead of travelling. The fact that you can't book now could mean that they maybe expect to make some small changes to the timetable.

Booking in advance means also that you have to get your paper ticket (boarding ticket) at a ticket office anyway. For the Saronic islands you can get them at their ticket booth at the quay at gate E8 from where the FD's and FC's depart. Alltough Hellenic Seaways is one of the few ferry companies in Greece that have e-ticketing. Can't help you there I'm afraid as I never book in advance, I allways buy my tickets when in Greece.

Edited: 14 February 2017, 21:51
Worsley, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

thanks nicksy that's really helpful . I think like you I will get my tickets when I get to Piraeus . do you think it would be ok to get each ticket for each island we are going to individually . we are going to .spetses for 5 nights then poros for 5 nights then aegina for 4 nights then back to Piraeus

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

Yes of course. Just buy your ticket(s) on the islands as you go along. It has the advantage that the ticket office is always the first that has the newest information (weather, delays,....).

The central agent for Hellenic Seaways on Spetses is Bardakos Tours, near the port.

Mind you that you cannot go from Poros to Aegina with Hellenic Seaways. You will have to go with Saronic Ferries https://www.saronicferries.gr/eng/#routes

From Aegina back to Piraeus you have the choice between different companies. Links to the websites are here: aeginagreece.com/aegina-island/…

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

Make sure you've plenty of money. The tickets are very expensive.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

>>Make sure you've plenty of money. The tickets are very expensive.<<

A ticket Spetses to Hydra or vice versa with Hellenic Ferries is 11,5€

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

Sounds like a good amount to pay for a ferry crossing to me.

Edited: 11 March 2017, 21:49
Sheffield England
Level Contributor
447 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017

Thought it might be of interest to let people know that tickets for June 17 are now on sale - so it looks like they're only on sale three months beforehand. I saw that people said not to worry, as tickets can be bought at the ports on the day of travel, but as i'm co-ordinating with flights I preferred to get them sorted in advance!

On price I'd agree with whomever posted that the tickets are pricey - standard class from Piraeus to Spetses is 38 euro one way which does seem quite expensive to me. Again worth knowing in advance I think as its sufficient to impact on travel costs.

Reply to: Ferry tickets Piraeus-Spetses in August 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spetses