We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches?

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
447 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches?

(Sorry if I've posted a 'half question')! here goes again....

It's nearly 35 years since I last visited Spetses and I've been trying to get some info on the beaches around the island, as we mainly used the town beach when I was there before.

We'd need to use the bus (or walk - don't mind a 20/30 min stroll) rather than water taxis etc as my OH is not good with small boats.

It'd be great to get your take on which are your favourite beaches. NB we need loos and a taverna as once there we'll stay for the day.

Many thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Amherst...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches?

Oh, my. You've been waiting two weeks for a reply. That's not good! Here we go: Kaiki (pronounced Kah-ee-kee) beach is walking distance from "Dapia" which is the center of the island. Kaiki is a great beach with umbrellas, chairs (for a fee) a wonderful outdoor restaurant and, of course, bathrooms. It is a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute bus ride) from the center.

The next beach out (in the same direction) is Ligoneri. Ligoneri is very pretty, has more trees for shade, but no services.

Then, finally, the next beach is "Vrellos" which is too far to walk but a 10 minute bus ride. Vrellos is a great combination of the two. It's very pretty, lots of trees, has a great little beach bar with drinks and food, and has umbrellas and bathrooms. I would definitely recommend Vrellos.

If you have any more questions to ask, do not hesitate to post!

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
447 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches?

Thank you Cosmas, this is great to be going on with. We're always happy to learn a little once 'on the ground' :)

We'll be there in less than 6 weeks now! Cannot wait.....

Amherst...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches?

My wife wanted me to tell about 2 additional beaches that are accessible by bus: Agia Marina and Agious Anargirous. They both have nice restaurants and great beaches.

Agia Marina can also be reached by horse buggy.

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
447 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches?

thanks again I'll add those to my list!

Reply to: Beaches?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spetses