We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spetses in mid-July

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Spetses in mid-July

Hello!

Me and my husband are going to spend a week in Spetses (15-22 July). Is there anybody here who has visited the island at that time and can tell, weather it is going to be very busy? We don't mind people around, really:) also, we quite enjoy organized beaches when there is no problem with finding a sunbed. I'm asking about it, because I want to plan our holidays well, and in case Spetses is crazy-packed in July, I should try to organize some day-trip to the mainland etc.

Anyway, would be grateful if somebody shares his/her experience.

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Amherst...
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spetses in mid-July

Hello,

Spetses is busy in July but not crazy busy. If you are careful and go to the beaches on the early side (say 11 a.m.) you will be able to get beach chairs. Same thing with restaurants. Don't wait until 9 or 10 pm to approach a restaurant as that is when most of the Greeks will descend. Lots of good beaches to choose from on both the right and left side of the harbor. Some you can walk to, some you take the bus and some you take the medium size boats called "kaiki's". Horse buggies are also a very popular form of transportation. Let us know if you want more details. Spetses is a lovely island.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spetses in mid-July

Thank you, Cosmasad, for you reply!

So it seems to me it's going to be a bit too crowded, if, as you said, a sunbed-chair hunt would be in order :) I only, hope - since there are quite a few beaches in Spetses, there always should be some two left for us.

We're staying in the Ligoneri area and we're planning to rent a moped to move around.

Reply to: Spetses in mid-July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spetses