We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandraki Elias Beach

Rouses Point, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Mandraki Elias Beach

Can you give me directions please to Mandraki Elias from Koukounaries?

Many Thanks

RPG

Mentioned in this post
Mandraki Beach
Mandraki Beach
660 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece
Koukounaries
Koukounaries
Skiathos, Greece
54 replies to this topic
Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
7,795 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mandraki Elias Beach

From Bus stop 23: Walk through the car park of the Caravos hotel, then follow the trail through the woods until you reach the dirt road. Almost opposite you will see cars parked in the trees, walk through the parking area, and down the boardwalk onto the beach ...

Mentioned in this post
Caravos Hotel
Caravos Hotel
73 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece
Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
93 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mandraki Elias Beach

Do you want to walk?

There's a nice walk.

Go to Google, enter 'Mandraki Elias skiathos'.

Click search.

Click maps.

Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mandraki Elias Beach

Signposted from the last supermarket in kooks, basically if you keep the sea on your left you will end up at this beach, pick up some water here if your walking, some will tell you it’s nice walk, it’s too far for me to walk and some parts are deep loose sand so not good in a Toyota aygo or similar, best use a Suzuki jeep, I like this beach but sometimes the water can be a bit messy if the wind has been from the north... be careful of the wooden plank path leading down to the beach in the soft sand, it often has some nails/screws sticking out! Not nice in flip flops.... you can go another route taking a left after Christakis in troulos but there is little to reference other than goat poop and a seat with a fab view over kooks lake to help you find it..... even with the most basic of maps you will not have a problem and become lost....

Durham
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mandraki Elias Beach

Further to David's post, his route is a different route to the walk through the pines. You can walk or drive it. If in Koukanaries follow sign to Ag Eleni, take prominent dirt road to the right I think it's signposted Hidden beach or it was.

Eventually you will come to a left turn signposted Mandraki Elias. As S L says you can park amongst the trees.

One of our favourites.

Mentioned in this post
Hidden Beach
Hidden Beach
131 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece
Mandraki Beach
Mandraki Beach
660 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece
St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mandraki Elias Beach

Follow Skiathoslover advice,very simple and correct. David s instructions confused me! The path at the side of the Supermarket isn't suitable for any form of transport.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
275 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mandraki Elias Beach

Yes Elias it confused me too.

Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mandraki Elias Beach

Sorry Elias22 if my directions confused you... over 20yrs ago on my first visit I stayed in Troulos, after a couple of days we hired a kymco dink 50cc scooter, headed into the hills 3 up on hugely underpowered two wheeled transport and followed our noses, we discovered some beautiful beaches and met lots of “life long” friends. All the journeys were an adventure, totally unplanned. Yes, often I would take a route down the side of a supermarket, come up against difficult obstacles and often told we were on walking routes but it was all part of the adventure .... every journey starts by putting one flip flop in front of the other and at the end of the day it’s not possible to get lost on such a small island... TBH if RPG took any route at kooks keeping the sea on her left she would end up back at her accomodation eventually... happy trails 🤗

Mentioned in this post
Troulos
Troulos
Skiathos, Greece
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,977 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mandraki Elias Beach

just to say, if you're taking the turn off from the Agia Eleni road, it's the second one on the right - the first one is signed a dead end and leads (I think) to some masts)

Mentioned in this post
Agia Eleni Beach
Agia Eleni Beach
512 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece
S C
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Mandraki Elias Beach

You can get there via bus stop 23 taking a pathway through the lovely pine forest - find along the main road an area with rental cars and a few nicely built low level buildings with a giant chest set - follow the path way around into the pine forest.

Please see my video - copy & paste in the search Youtube area the following: Skiathos Mandraki Elias Koukounaries seawalk beach approach 2016. You will need to follow the beach sign when walking through the pine forest.

Mentioned in this post
Mandraki Beach
Mandraki Beach
660 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece
Koukounaries
Koukounaries
Skiathos, Greece
Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor