We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
380 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

Are the sunbeds on Megali Ammos beach privately owned or owned by the Tavernas and what are the charges per day?

Mentioned in this post
Megali Ammos
Megali Ammos
Skiathos, Greece
21 replies to this topic
Durham
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

Staff from the tavernas collect the money and issue tickets. It's eight euros for two beds and a brolly.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
380 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

Thanks Gary so presumably you bag yours next to Thessaloniki

Durham
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

Some days we do yes. We tend to have a day there then visit another beach next day. If you are only there for a week it's a problem as there are plenty of nice beaches.

Edited: 05 February 2018, 02:34
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
380 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

We will be there June with our friends who have never been to Skiathos. They like both beach and pool whereas we are pool so we thought it might be an idea to walk to the beach from town and they could sunbathe whilst we sit in the taverna

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

Yes, sunbathe in the garden at Angeliki whilst enjoying a cool glass of wine from the Swell Bar

Upton, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

Pinkygirl is no longer in incognito. Nice too see her back. :)

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

Thanks Subu - BUT T/ still causing me stress. As long as I post on this, my main W10 computer, I am happy that things are back to normal. However, when on holiday I use my iPad. I wrote to TripAdvisor telling them in future, to use my yahoo address when contacting me rather than my previous one which was with zen - that W10 do not directly accept. My very intelligent younger Sister has spent a couple of hours this morning trying to get T/A's error in changing my name to roccorini and saying I live in Jersey.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

Me again- she was not able to alter who I post as when I am using my iPad - so at the moment, I am only going to post when using my main computer where I am still shown correctly as Pinkygirl8 Wrexham.

However, I hope that before I next go on holiday, she will be able to correct the silly error of T/A saying I live in Jersey and that I am roccorini.

My Sister says it is because with T/A I now have two accounts - all because of me asking T/A to alter my email address. Why T/A gave me a new user name and fictitious location is an annoying mystery. She is going to try to solve this and I can only hope she is successful.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
380 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

Good luck Pinkygirl and thanks for the suggestion re Angeliki. I did assume the beds were for residents use only. Are there seperate areas for residents and non residents?

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sun beds Megali Ammos beach

Thanks TJL

No sunbeds are not separated and when I go, I never ever see towels on beds to reserve them.

The Angeliki garden is huge and the team have no objection to non residents, who avail themselves of food or drink to using these beds.

Reply to: Sun beds Megali Ammos beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos