We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiathos Accommodation with locals

Magnetic Island...
Level Contributor
17 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Skiathos Accommodation with locals

Do the locals meet the ferries with offers of local accommodation as they do on other islands?

8 replies to this topic
Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
7,328 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiathos Accommodation with locals

Hi Leonie G

Opposite the harbour gates where the car ferry docks, outside the Alpha Bank, there is a kiosk. The port police have the ladies stand there.

Magnetic Island...
Level Contributor
17 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiathos Accommodation with locals

Thank you.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,367 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiathos Accommodation with locals

There are a few around the Port area/Rooms hut/ticket agency, on arrival of ferries and at other times as well like on known charter flight days/times, however looking around the town opens up a lot more options.

Level Contributor
803 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiathos Accommodation with locals

What month are you planning on? I’ve tried to find rooms at short notice in town during July and August, its very difficult, I also thought that the hut on the port had very limited choices - Maybes it’s best to forward plan, who knows it may work out cheaper if you cut out a reps commission, even if your just sitting on the port browsing the internet on someones free WiFi having a coffee it’s better than trudging around town from place to place cos it isn’t easy in the heat - practically every place can be contacted via some sort of internet listing and despite the alledged unpopularity of air bnb throughout Greece Skiathos had 1792 rooms of various types listed last time I checked.

Magnetic Island...
Level Contributor
17 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiathos Accommodation with locals

We will be there late June/early July but not sure of exact dates so I am hesitant to make a booking. We have travelled through other Greek islands and have found staying with locals very rewarding. I will look up air bnb and see what is being offered.

Thank you for your help.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
7,328 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skiathos Accommodation with locals

The ladies are where I said all through the summer. They meet the car ferries. I know a couple of them, they are good people.

Magnetic Island...
Level Contributor
17 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skiathos Accommodation with locals

Thank you for your input. Can you please give me an idea of what they charge or a contact for any of them.

Edited: 16 February 2018, 05:51
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,367 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skiathos Accommodation with locals

Leonie G

You will be fine in June and early July, no worries. That is typically when I go

Reply to: Skiathos Accommodation with locals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos