We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pleasant restaurant near Marriott?

florida
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
pleasant restaurant near Marriott?

Most enjoy seafood (but not fried). We eat meat also. Love well-prepared vegetables. Not a big fan of herring or pickled food. Enjoy all cuisines, with slight preference for Asian and northern Italian. Would love to find a couple of good, relaxing restaurants within walking distance (20 min. or so) of the Marriott.

Thanks for suggestions.

7 replies to this topic
C W
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pleasant restaurant near Marriott?

I look forward to reading the responses as we , too, will be staying at the Marriott this summer. We arrive late afternoon on a Sunday so can I tag along on your query to ask about places open on Sunday near the Marriott?

Hillerod, Denmark
Level Contributor
35 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pleasant restaurant near Marriott?

I'm not much of a seafood lover myself, but I definitely like both Italian food and meat.

Mariott is located very nicely just by the harbourside, but sadly there is a bit of walk to Copenhagen centre.

L'Enoteca di Mr. Brunello is very close to Mariott (500 m), and serves excellent Italien food and wine (although a bit expensive). Alternatively there is Il Buco at Islands Brygge across the harbor, which is about a 1,2 km walk. More modern than L'Enoteca, and with less focus on the wine, but still excellent food. Also, you are about 800 m away from Tivoli, which have tons of restaurants.

Otherwise I'd recommend just using tripadvisor. Tons of restaurants in Copenhagen to pick from, and that way you can base it on more than just my opinion :)

@CW Are you referring to restaurants? I'm almost certain that most restaurants have open on Sunday, especially doing the summer, Some restaurants have closed Monday, but again, that might not apply doing the summer. A lot of museums, however, are closed on Monday (again, some of the bigger ones are open on Mondays at summer).

Edited: 18 April 2018, 23:58
Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Islands Brygge
Islands Brygge
295 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Tivoli Hotel
Tivoli Hotel
3,648 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
florida
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pleasant restaurant near Marriott?

Chrras: Thank you kindly for your feedback. (I hadn't even intended the pun — saw it as I was typing.)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pleasant restaurant near Marriott?

You should definitely go to Sticks ‘n Sushi, which is a great restaurant on the top of the Tivoli Hotel, not far from the Marriott! Depends how far you’re willing to walk, but some other restaurants within a 20 minute walk would include Mother, Tight, and Retour Steak. Mother is my favorite restaurant in Copenhagen, great Italian food in a buzzy setting.

I posted a 4-day guide to Copenhagen on my blog, including more about most of these restaurants if you’d like to take a look:

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Tivoli Hotel
Tivoli Hotel
3,648 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Restaurant Tight
Restaurant Tight
2,646 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Retour Steak
Retour Steak
337 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
florida
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pleasant restaurant near Marriott?

Thanks for your response and for your great blog.

As for restaurants: I would think that restaurants that are part of a hotel would be thereby more expensive than stand-alone restaurants. (Same for restaurants at Tivoli, one would think.)

Mother wouldn't work for us as we'd like the opposite of a "buzzy setting"; definitely prefer quiet and relaxing.

Edited: 03 May 2018, 00:58
Mentioned in this post
Tivoli Hotel
Tivoli Hotel
3,648 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
uk
Level Contributor
3,893 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pleasant restaurant near Marriott?

Tivoli has a full range of restaurant prices.

Sticks and Sushi is a well known chain in Copenhagen with several branches all over the city. The one at the Tivoli hotel has the same prices as elsewhere, so no more expensive despite the location.

I’m really struggling to think of many places that would fit your quiet preference as Copenhagen restaurant tends towards a more buzzy atmosphere. You’re relatively close to the Meatpacking district which is packed with great restaurants but they all have more buzzing armospheres.

The only restaurants I can really think of that are quiet are hotel restaurants or the really top end places like Geranium.

Mentioned in this post
Tivoli Hotel
Tivoli Hotel
3,648 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Meatpacking District Food
89 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Geranium
Geranium
952 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Copenhagen Denmark
Destination Expert
for Copenhagen
Level Contributor
623 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pleasant restaurant near Marriott?

Perhaps l'Altro on Christianshavn - it the little sister of Michelin starred restaurant Era Ora (could also be an option - but very expensive). Kødbyens Fiskebar at the Meatpacking district is wonderful, but definitely buzzing.

A new restaurant with focus on fish just opened up on nearby Islands Brygge. It is called The Fat Pike - but I haven't been yet so cannot comment on food or ambience, but I'll be sure to check it out soon.

If you don't mind walking a bit further I would strongly recommend 108 (new nordic, fish, seafood, lovely ambience) and in city center the new restaurant Frank in Ny Adelgade is not to be missed IMO. Hope you find what you are looking for and have fun in Copenhagen!

Mentioned in this post
Era Ora
Era Ora
542 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
89 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Islands Brygge
Islands Brygge
295 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Reply to: pleasant restaurant near Marriott?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted