We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried on the potential industrial Strike

malaysia
Level Contributor
144 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Worried on the potential industrial Strike

We will be flying in from London to Copenhagen on 26 April and out on 30 April but now am worried on this potential strike taking place. I am now in a dilemma whether we should not go at all and ask for refund. But lodging has been already paid for. Sigh! Advice and help please ; (

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Andersen Boutique Hotel
Andersen Boutique Hotel
#3 of 118 hotels in Copenhagen
71 Nyhavn Hotel
71 Nyhavn Hotel
#5 of 118 hotels in Copenhagen
Absalon Hotel
Absalon Hotel
#7 of 118 hotels in Copenhagen
21 replies to this topic
Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
233 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried on the potential industrial Strike

The conflict have once again been postponed by 2 weeks, meaning the strike will start on May 6 and the lockout will start May 12.

But the conflict might start sooner, or might not start at all.

There are 3 possible scenarios:

1. The employers and trade unions reach an agreement and the conflict is cancelled.

2. The employers and trade unions fail to reach an agreement and the conflict start on the dates mentioned above.

3. The negotiations collapse, and the conflict will start 4 or 5 days (can't remember which one it is) after the collapse.

I wouldn't cancel the trip, as it most likely won't be affected by the possible conflict. I can't give you any guarantees, but I would be very surprised if your trip is affected by the conflict.

In case the conflict starts before the dates mentioned above, you will at least know 4/5 days in advance.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,933 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried on the potential industrial Strike

As regards the postponed strikes, the first scheduled date is the 8th of May, not the 6th.

Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
233 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worried on the potential industrial Strike

At first Forligsinstitutionen (the institution where the employers and trade unions are currently negotiating) said May 8th, but that was a mistake - it was a simple miscalculation. They have since corrected it to the 6th of May.

Edited: 20 April 2018, 02:13
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,933 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worried on the potential industrial Strike

You are of course right, the date was indeed corrected.

malaysia
Level Contributor
144 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worried on the potential industrial Strike

Sigh of relief! Phew! Heaps of thanks to both of you for allaying my fears. I may perhaps include a day trip by bus to Lund n malmo. But how do I keep myself updated on the status of the matter. I did google and information were general not specifics . Once again thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lund
Lund
Skane County, Sweden
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,933 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Worried on the potential industrial Strike

If nobody else does, I´ll initiate a thread on the strike/lock-out subject here, when facts are established and the strike is either cancelled or a reality.

I don´t know of an informative, detailed website in English about the subject so far.

Edited: 20 April 2018, 14:13
Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Worried on the potential industrial Strike

Thanks for suggesting this, joen.dk. That’s a good idea!

malaysia
Level Contributor
144 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Worried on the potential industrial Strike

Thanks so much joen.dk. You are such a gem. Fingers crossed and pray all is good.

Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Worried on the potential industrial Strike

Hi, does anyone know if there’s any material update on the strike situation? Thanks.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,933 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Worried on the potential industrial Strike

Negotations have led to cancelling the conflict as regards the municipal and regional employee levels, we are waiting for a settlement as regards the state employees (which is relevant for a lot of the transport system) but bulletins are optimistic & a solution is hoped for/expected soon.

Edited: 29 April 2018, 02:12
Reply to: Worried on the potential industrial Strike
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted