We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pentecost Sunday Great Church Music

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Pentecost Sunday Great Church Music

Anyone have info about accessibility for Pentecost services with great classical/choral music? Which churches would you recommend with reputation for high caliber music performance? Trinity, others? Is there particular protocol for securing a seat or you just show up? How would I find out these details. Thanks much!

3 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,743 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pentecost Sunday Great Church Music

Hello,

you can check out www.kultunaut.com

for a detailed list of concerts, events etc. in the city. The popularity of the concerts vary a lot.

Edited: 01 May 2018, 13:10
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,743 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pentecost Sunday Great Church Music

I checked for May 19th-20th, but there isn´t so much going on as regards classical concerts. The Mena concert on the 19th at 3 PM with Mozart´s Coronation Mass, Stravinsky´s Psalm Symphony etc. is no doubt a fine one, he is a good conductor & it is taking place in Jean Nouvel´s interesting new concert hall DR Koncerthuset.

As for the free Pinsevesper with choir etc. on the 19th at 7 PM in Vor Frue church, it is in the emblematic, neclassicist cathedral of the centre, with established forces. Likely a popular event.

Edited: 01 May 2018, 19:15
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,743 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pentecost Sunday Great Church Music

As for services on the 20th, I think it is better to wait for while & see what options will turn up on Kultunaut.

Reply to: Pentecost Sunday Great Church Music
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted