We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter in Villaricos

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Winter in Villaricos
Save

Hi, I am looking at spending a large part of the winter in Villaricos or surrounding area and wonder if anyone out there doing a similar thing can give me any tips or information on what to expect? Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
44 reviews
71 helpful votes
1. Re: Winter in Villaricos
Save

Villaricos is a quaint seaside village. It has a fruit and veg market on Sunday mornings. It will be fairly quiet over the winter. However, there is always some activity in nearby Vera, Vera Playa, Garrucha, Mojacar Playa, Mojacar Pueblo.

Depending on the length of your stay, I think you will find a car invaluable. If you are confined to Villaricos you can enjoy the many cliff walks and beautiful scenery. If you are there for pure rest, then you will get that rest.

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
2. Re: Winter in Villaricos
Save

Thanks for this Leprosy. I assume you live there? What about the sea temperatures? Do people swim in the sea in the winter months?

Also, do air temperatures vary greatly between the coast and a few miles inland? Somewhere like Turre for example.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
44 reviews
71 helpful votes
3. Re: Winter in Villaricos
Save

I have dipped in the Med over the winter every year. During daylight hours there is usually sunshine so it is no big deal to swim. But, it gets noticeably colder from 3.30pm each day. The Spanish think we are mad of course looking at us swimming while they walking with coats and scarves. (This is where we have the advantage over them; we winter better) - (they get their own back during July/August when we can't hack the high temps).

Turré is that bit inland and consequently that bit colder (not much colder), but if you go thirty miles inland you will notice the drop in temps.

I live in Mojacar Playa just for parts of the year. I couldn't miss winter in Ireland. Also, like most Irish people I don't do "actual temperatures readings" but I would guess you are talking mid teens to twenty degrees. If you have anything specific (private stuff) on which you want true info do not hesitate to PM me.

Reply to: Winter in Villaricos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Villaricos
Recent Conversations
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.