We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Uppsala

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
222 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Uppsala

Hi

I'm back and in need of some advice.

I'm planning a day trip to Uppsala and will probably get there by train. Sooooo, a few questions:

1. Is the train a good way to get to Uppsala? Does it stop near the city center?

2. Do I need other mode of transportation to get around?

3. What would be the absolute must things to see considering it's a day trip and my mode of transportation?

4. How big is the city? Can I walk it or do I need a bus/car/bicycle to get around?

Also, I'm super interested in photography. Can someone recommend best places to take pics?

Thanks in advance. Can't wait for my trip next week.

3 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
447 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Uppsala

1: The train is perfect for going to Uppsala. Beware that the SJ trains and the commuter trains (SL and UL) have different ticket systems.

2: Most important buildings are within walking distance from the station. For attractions in the outskirts of the city (Gamla Uppsala, Linnés Hammarby) there are local buses.

3: The Cathedral, Carolina Rediviva, and Upplandsmuseet are well worth a visit.

4: Located on a plain, Uppsala is great for cycling. However, winter can be challenging; even if there is no snow or ice, streets are covered by sand, and occasional frost. See http://cykeltrafik.se for rentals.

Edited: 22 January 2017, 10:35
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
222 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Uppsala

Awesome.

Any tips for good places to take pics? Cause pics are everything :)

Sweden
Level Contributor
4 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Uppsala

I don't know what kind of view you are interested, but...

there is a castle the overlook at the city and you can get really nice shots of the church and city view

they city park StadParken near to the duck poll if like Duck.

city centers some old buildings.

Uppsala university main building..the Dome!

the church outside and inside.

All those places and more is just walking distance from each other get a map from travel information office near the station.

Edited: 14 March 2017, 05:42
Reply to: Day trip to Uppsala
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uppsala