We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uppsala to ARN airport

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Topic
Uppsala to ARN airport

Hello, I will be staying at Clarion Gillet Hotel at Uppsala. How do I get to the airport? Thanks.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

There are a few plausible ways.

1. Catch a local train service ("Upptåget"). Operated by UL, http://ul.se/en/ , this train gets you from Uppsala station to Arlanda in 18 minutes and sets you back 130 SEK. There is a 20 SEK surcharge for buying ticket on the train. Timetable here: http://ul.se/Global/Tidtabeller_pdf/UpptagetS2011/Upptåget.pdf

2. Catch the airport bus service, line 801. The bus is operated by UL as well, takes about 40 minutes and sets you back 100 SEK. You have to buy your ticket before boarding the bus. (or with Visa/Mastercard on the bus) Timetable here: ul.se/Global/…H801.pdf

3. Catch a regional SJ train service, book, pay and print your ticket at www.sj.se/start/startpage/index.form?l=en . Prices and trip times vary.

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

I will be staying at Clarion Gillet, based on the Google map, it doesn't look too far from the station. Now, for bus 801 at Uppsala Centralstation C1, is it at Kungsgatan/Bangardsgata? The bus 801 schedule is not in English, where can I find the English version?

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,621 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

"Uppsala Centralstation" C1 is located in the south end towards Bäverns gränd.

Ca 6-700 meters walk from your hotel.

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

Chino Hills...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

What train to take from the Arlanda Airport to Uppsala. We will be staying at the Raddison Blue Hotel, Stationgatan 4, Uppsala. Thank you.

Chino Hills...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

What train should I take from the Arlanda Airport to Raddison Blu Hotel, Uppsala. Address is Stationsgatan 4, Uppsala. Thank you.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,621 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

There has been changes in the traintraffic between ARN and Uppsala since this thread started. Here are your opyions:

1. Take commuter train ftom Arlanda C to Uppsala,. Takes 18 minutes. Price 165 SEK buy ticket at the station. Trains every 30 minutes (Blue and grey trains)

2. Take local bus 801 to Uppsala. Takes 47 minutes, price 90 SEK pay with card on the bus.(yellow buses)

3. You can also take Swebus coach and regional trains but less frequent or much more expensive.

Your hotel is right by the station!

Edited: 06 June 2013, 14:29
Chino Hills...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

Thank you so much for the information, Anders.

Chino Hills...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

Can you tell me how to take train from Uppsala Central Station to Best Western Hotel Bentleys, at Drottninggatan 77, Stockholm, and where to get off. Do I need to get a Taxi to hotel from train station?

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,621 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uppsala to ARN airport

Take SJ Uppsala-Stockholm train (faster comfier and slightly more expensive)

Or SL train (Slower and basic but cheap. Same blue and grey)

To Stockholm Central station.

Hotel is just beyond 1 kms walk.

You choose if you walk or take a taxi!

Edited: 07 June 2013, 17:05
Get answers to your questions about Uppsala