Hello, I will be staying at Clarion Gillet Hotel at Uppsala. How do I get to the airport? Thanks.
There are a few plausible ways.
1. Catch a local train service ("Upptåget"). Operated by UL, http://ul.se/en/ , this train gets you from Uppsala station to Arlanda in 18 minutes and sets you back 130 SEK. There is a 20 SEK surcharge for buying ticket on the train. Timetable here: http://ul.se/Global/Tidtabeller_pdf/UpptagetS2011/Upptåget.pdf
2. Catch the airport bus service, line 801. The bus is operated by UL as well, takes about 40 minutes and sets you back 100 SEK. You have to buy your ticket before boarding the bus. (or with Visa/Mastercard on the bus) Timetable here: ul.se/Global/…H801.pdf
3. Catch a regional SJ train service, book, pay and print your ticket at www.sj.se/start/startpage/index.form?l=en . Prices and trip times vary.
Thank you so much for the quick reply.
I will be staying at Clarion Gillet, based on the Google map, it doesn't look too far from the station. Now, for bus 801 at Uppsala Centralstation C1, is it at Kungsgatan/Bangardsgata? The bus 801 schedule is not in English, where can I find the English version?
"Uppsala Centralstation" C1 is located in the south end towards Bäverns gränd.
Ca 6-700 meters walk from your hotel.
What train should I take from the Arlanda Airport to Raddison Blu Hotel, Uppsala. Address is Stationsgatan 4, Uppsala. Thank you.
There has been changes in the traintraffic between ARN and Uppsala since this thread started. Here are your opyions:
1. Take commuter train ftom Arlanda C to Uppsala,. Takes 18 minutes. Price 165 SEK buy ticket at the station. Trains every 30 minutes (Blue and grey trains)
2. Take local bus 801 to Uppsala. Takes 47 minutes, price 90 SEK pay with card on the bus.(yellow buses)
3. You can also take Swebus coach and regional trains but less frequent or much more expensive.
Your hotel is right by the station!Edited: 06 June 2013, 14:29
Thank you so much for the information, Anders.