We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel between Uppsala and Arlanda, Gamla Uppsala, Sigtuna

UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Travel between Uppsala and Arlanda, Gamla Uppsala, Sigtuna

We are visiting Uppsala from Friday to Monday, and wonder if there is a travel pass we can buy for train and bus, or just bus, around the area for those days. We have to travel from Arlanda Airport to Uppsala and back (Friday and Monday), as well as visit Gamla Uppsala and Sigtuna on Saturday and Sunday. I have had a look at the UL website but am not sure whether the passes would cover us for all these trips. Is the 75kr Sky City fee each way on top of the travel?

I'd be grateful for a quick response, as our trip is coming up.Thanks.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel between Uppsala and Arlanda, Gamla Uppsala, Sigtuna

I cannot find any kind of day pass either.

I guess your best solution will be to buy a UL smartcard loaded with money (reskassa), like a London oyster card. Load it with 620 SEK ad you will have all your travels covered (if you take the 801)

http://www.ul.se/en/Tickets/The-new-UL-card/

Everytime you pass the gates at Arlanda C without a specific ticket to Arlanda C, you will have to pay the station fee.

Take the airport bus 801 instead to avoid the fee!

UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel between Uppsala and Arlanda, Gamla Uppsala, Sigtuna

Thank you very much, Anders. That's very helpful. It sounds as though it's a more convenient way of travelling rather than buying separate tickets before each journey. (On the London Underground, having a preloaded Oyster card is a lot cheaper than paying cash for each ticket.) It's useful to have the info before travelling - it's a lot more straightforward than the Transport for London system. Looking forward to our trip.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel between Uppsala and Arlanda, Gamla Uppsala, Sigtuna

I hope you can get the card at the Arlanda C desk.

UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel between Uppsala and Arlanda, Gamla Uppsala, Sigtuna

Unfortunately, they didn't have it at Arlanda, nor did they know very much about it, as it's still new. But we bought one at a Pressbyran in Uppsala. It costs just the same as buying individual tickets but is handier to use. It can also be used on trains. We had one between the two of us. The difficulty with not speaking Swedish is that we needed help to press the right buttons for the second person, but we managed with some help ;) Thanks again, Anders.

Edited: 15 September 2013, 06:17
5. Re: Travel between Uppsala and Arlanda, Gamla Uppsala, Sigtuna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Uppsala