We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi and bus stops in Turku

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
taxi and bus stops in Turku

In august, I will be spending a couple nights at the Park Hotel Turku. My first sights I want to see is the Turku Castle and the Old Great Square. I would prefer not walking all the way.

I looked at bus routes to both. Some cities you can get on the bus at stop at many street corners.

After walking from the hotel to the bus route, I haven't found any close bus stops. How much further would I have to walk to a bus stop?

On Google streetview, I found what looks like a taxi stop. Are there many taxi stops around Turku?

Could I get a taxi at the Park Hotel Turku, the Turku Castle and the Old Great Square?

Turku Castle
Castles, History Museums
Turku Cathedral
Sacred & Religious Sites, Educational sites, Historic Sites
Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova
Ancient Ruins, Historic Sites, Art Museums, Speciality Museums
2 replies to this topic
Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,270 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi and bus stops in Turku

Foli.fi for bus routes. Line 1 goes from Kauppatori (Market Squre) to Satama (Harbor) the castle has a bus stop. Buses don't let people out or in unless at a bus stop.

Taxi stands are marked with a taxi sign, but you can hail a cab on the street as well.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,839 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi and bus stops in Turku

If you buy a local prepaid SIM card the handiest solution for getting a taxi might be using the app Valopilkku http://valopilkkutaksi.fi/briefly-in-english/ It works in the whole country. The name is in Finnish but the app works in English, too.

Edited: 22 May 2017, 21:38
Reply to: taxi and bus stops in Turku
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Turku