We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi and bus stops in Turku

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
taxi and bus stops in Turku

In august, I will be spending a couple nights at the Park Hotel Turku. My first sights I want to see is the Turku Castle and the Old Great Square. I would prefer not walking all the way.

I looked at bus routes to both. Some cities you can get on the bus at stop at many street corners.

After walking from the hotel to the bus route, I haven't found any close bus stops. How much further would I have to walk to a bus stop?

On Google streetview, I found what looks like a taxi stop. Are there many taxi stops around Turku?

Could I get a taxi at the Park Hotel Turku, the Turku Castle and the Old Great Square?

Mentioned in this post
Turku
Turku
Southwest Finland, Finland
Turku Castle
Turku Castle
920 Reviews
Turku, Finland
Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
6,160 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi and bus stops in Turku

Foli.fi for bus routes. Line 1 goes from Kauppatori (Market Squre) to Satama (Harbor) the castle has a bus stop. Buses don't let people out or in unless at a bus stop.

Taxi stands are marked with a taxi sign, but you can hail a cab on the street as well.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
10,042 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi and bus stops in Turku

If you buy a local prepaid SIM card the handiest solution for getting a taxi might be using the app Valopilkku http://valopilkkutaksi.fi/briefly-in-english/ It works in the whole country. The name is in Finnish but the app works in English, too.

Edited: 22 May 2017, 21:38
3. Re: taxi and bus stops in Turku

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2018, 23:18