We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hire a cheap cycle/mountain bike

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
267 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
hire a cheap cycle/mountain bike

hello

i need to hire a cheap cycle (mountain bike) for road use only for 1 week near St Georges Bay close to Paceville

where can i hire at a low price?

thanks

6 replies to this topic
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hire a cheap cycle/mountain bike

Not sure of the prices but you can hire bicycles at the Tex Mex on Tower Road have not seen any around St.Julians.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hire a cheap cycle/mountain bike

Tower Road is in Sliema which neighbours St Julians sharing a long promenade. A short bus journey or 30 minute walk.

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
267 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hire a cheap cycle/mountain bike

i had a google/web search but cannot locate

any further details please?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hire a cheap cycle/mountain bike

Look up Tex Mex on Tower Road you will now be able to see it on Google Street View as well only other place I have seen renting bikes was in Victoria on Gozo across from the bus terminal.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hire a cheap cycle/mountain bike

I had a look on street view on the side of Tex Mex you will see a sign Rent Me it shows motor bikes and cars when I was staying in Pebbles which is over Tex Mex they also had mountain bikes as I was on one.

Further on down Tower Road towards Sliema Ferry their is another one with the same sign.

Dont know if you cycle on a regular basis but a lot of people on here dont recommend cycling on Malta but going down the hills in Valletta on a mountain bike is great fun and come back up around the coast road.

Drivers on Malta dont like cyclist well I am not sure how many have passed a driving test the ones I have been in cars with should not be in charge of a buggy.

Let me know if you cannot use street view.

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
267 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hire a cheap cycle/mountain bike

i found tex mex on google and could see pebbles above and also play-go on the right side and med asia on the left but nothing about hire bikes?

Reply to: hire a cheap cycle/mountain bike
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted