We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning flight out of Malta

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
392 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning flight out of Malta

I would need to travel to Malta Inter airport early, can I just hail a taxi from a street?

I read that taxi service from airport to st Julian cost 20Euro, may I ask if this is a fixed rate and apply both ways. Thank you

5 replies to this topic
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,443 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning flight out of Malta

IT's too risky to guarantee a taxi at one of the ranks overnight. I think I have understood correctly that you are talking about your return journey.

Use a local cab firm like:

ECABS:

http://ecabs.com.mt/

or Wembley:

http://wembleys.com/

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
392 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning flight out of Malta

Thank you. XaghraDream.

Yes, I was nervous about just hailing a taxi, will definitely check either one of those two services

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,443 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning flight out of Malta

There are others but these two are big in St. Julians. It might be a few euros more at night - do check before pick-up.

Both have offices in that area where you could stop by to ask & book etc

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning flight out of Malta

As far as I knowYou can't hail a cab by waving at one passing (like say London or NYC). You may find one at a taxi bay, but as said it's risky. The fixed price really only applies from a booth such as at tge airport so it would be on the meter or by negotiation. The 20 would be a guide and right price.

Good reply with links already.

Another would be Malta Transfer, the official airport shuttle provider, who do shared mini buses (may take longer picking up others) or private cabs.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
392 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning flight out of Malta

Hi thanks for all the good advise. Hi Xag Dream, very useful link, will definitely book one. I am staying in St Julien so it is convenient. Thank you.

Reply to: Early morning flight out of Malta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted