We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sundays

London, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Sundays

Hi,

We are coming to Malta for a week at the end of September including our wedding anniversary on Sunday 24th.

Firstly, are most touristy places open on a Sunday and also as we are using public transport what are the buses like (where we live it is dire on a Sunday).

Secondly we are staying in St Julien's so would be looking for a romantic restaurant for dinner that doesn't break the bank (reasonable would be 2 courses for 2 people plus a bottle of wine for around £100)?

Thanks

Sue

6 replies to this topic
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sundays

Sunday sees the popular (if rather touristy) market at Marsaxlokk. Take a bus to Valletta then change. You could have a good lunch there on the harbour side.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sundays

most tourist places are open on a sunday.

Also the buses run well .

There are several good restaurants round the Spinola Bay area of St Julians .

But as I don`t usually eat in that area I will leave it to others better qualified to recommend their favourites .

Hope you have an enjoyable stay.

Graham

fife
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sundays

Two really lovely restaurant in St Julians are Lulu and Truffle and Truffles, both well within your budget, also may I suggest that you maybe try Tiffany's in the Marina area for pre or post cocktails/wine

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sundays

Another vote for LuLu which is on Church Street. I also like Zest at Hotel Juliani.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sundays

Quadro at The Westin is worth a look too - likely over the £100 mark, but it does give an exclusive ambience.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Reviews seem a bit mixed of late but I've always had a good experience there.

Edited: 30 August 2017, 02:27
London, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sundays

Thank you everyone, I will look at the menus of your suggestions and it is good to know that public transport on Malta is better than in Hertfordshire.

Reply to: Sundays
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malta