We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peters pool

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
17 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Peters pool

Any boat ferry from sliema st Julian's area to St. Peter's pool ?

12 replies to this topic
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peters pool

No, I believe not, but plenty of water taxis from the harbour side at Marsaxlokk at €5.00 per person.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Peters pool

Can you also get to St Peter's Pool by road?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peters pool

You can - I have not been there for quite a long time. I recall it's signed & you park in a field and walk down......

It's bit remote to walk too.

It's very popular for those who like to jump in off the rocks.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peters pool

Just found this which is a reasonable summary:

St. Peter's Pool is a beautiful natural pool ideal to spend a relaxing day away from the busy tourists spots

St. Peter’s Pool is one of the most beautiful and stunning natural swimming pools in Malta and is located close to Marsaxlokk at the tip of Delimara Point in the southwest of Malta.

The sea at St. Peters Pool is crystal clear with an amazing azure and light green colors and offers excellent snorkelling opportunities. The flat rocks around St Peter’s Pool provide perfect sunbathing areas and the high rocks offer some shade from the strong sun.

Ladders are available to access the sea and the more adventurous bathers have the option of diving into the waters from a few meters up. St. Peter’s Pool is popular with the locals, especially for those living in nearby villages and with tourists who are looking for a quieter place to spend their day. However, due to its remote location and bad roads leading there it’s rarely ever crowded and you can always find a spot just for yourself.

Make sure that you bring whatever you need for a day out as there are no facilities whatsoever. This natural swimming pool is may not suitable for small children at all times and can have rubbish floating around in it on windy days. Nevertheless, stunning St. Peter’s Pool is a real treat for those looking for a special spot out of the busy tourist areas.

Parking: There is parking on top of the cliff, but the road leading there is very bad. Parking by the main road is recommended.

Recommended for children: If confident in swimming

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peters pool

We always park on the road,then walk down to it,go once nearly every visit,as our Maltese friend's love it there.

Eileen

Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peters pool

I've been blown away by the pictures of St Peters Pool and am trying to fit it into our itinerary. My wife and I will be in Malta for 4 full days. To anyone who has been, would you recommend that we make it here or are there other swimming spots that would be better? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Peters pool

It really is a nice spot but will take effort to get too. Perhaps combine it with lunch at Marsaxlokk then jump in one of the water taxis?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Peters pool

You can walk to it from Marsaxlokk,it takes about 25 mins just follow the signs.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Peters pool

Jared it's worth a visit,as said 20/25 min walk from Marsaxlokk,we drive and park on road and walk to it,takes about 10 minutes walk,but maybe as a first time visitor go to Marsaxlokk and get one of the water taxis to it.another word of warning there are no facilities there is cafes etc,so take any food drink etc with you you may need.

Eileen

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Peters pool

Peter`pool was a regular swimming place for the late Dom Mintoff , prime minister of Malta .

Apparently he lived nearby and swam there daily.

Graham

Reply to: Peters pool
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta
Recent Conversations