We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hypogeum tickets in December

Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hypogeum tickets in December

How far ahead to book on low season. Are the seniors rates on their site just for Maltese seniors or all seniors?

Any day better to go than another?

Thank you

5 replies to this topic
hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hypogeum tickets in December

The hypogeum is currently taking bookings for as little as a week ahead, but that is unusual and probably because it has not been open long since restoration and many might think it is still closed. Under normal circumstances, you should book as far ahead as possible, even for December.

The senior rates are available to anyone 60 and over.

There are no best days/times as far as the tour goes - 100% occupancy is normal. However, you might think about the time it will take you to get there. Early morning and late afternoon usually means a longer journey in the rush hour.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hypogeum tickets in December

When I just looked the only spaces for the guided tour were about 6 weeks ahead (nothing for September). There's now a choice of AV show only (in the remodelled surface visitor centre).

I suggest you book as far ahead as possible and no less than 2 months. The guided tour will no doubt be full but it's not crowded as only a few people are allowed in each tour with a guide to protect the atmosphere in there.

When we went, several years ago, I booked well ahead and chose late morning (11:00) to allow plenty of time to get there by bus after breakfast at our hotel in Sliema. Choose a time to suit your own logistics.

It's worth the short walk to the nearby Tarxien Temples to extend your historical site seeing. No need to book for that.

3. Re: Hypogeum tickets in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 August 2017, 18:24

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hypogeum tickets in December

Just goes to show - not a huge number available yesterday but none half a day later. I'd book December now!

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hypogeum tickets in December

An afterthought! Tickets for the noon and 1600 tours are not sold in advance, so you can buy tickets the day before from Fort St Elmo (Valletta) or the Museum of Archeology (Gozo). The price is €40 and, I believe, there are no discounts. You probably have to get there early. Before the restoration, you could also get cancellation tickets for the next day for other tours from the Museum of Archeology in Valletta (presumably now from Ft. St Elmo) if they still sell them that way, maybe someone else might know?

Reply to: Hypogeum tickets in December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta