We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair changes

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair changes

Hi all

What's your views on the changes to luggage being implemented on 1.11.17, will it speed things up ???? going with Ryanair in the end of November to seabank resort and spa again,I will be very interested to see how it works??

Will people pay priority to have wheeled luggage in the cabin???? and if everyone did offer to pay there still wouldn't be enough room in luggage compartments???so you would still have delays

It's free to put them in the hold

Phil brum

37 replies to this topic
Inverness
Level Contributor
103 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Ryanair changes

Can't help wondering how their online bookings are going in the last week. Who in their right mind would bother to book a flight that may or may not go? Not me.

I'll be heading back to Malta from Edinburgh soon, but prices for September are around £232, so I'm looking at options. I can have a lot more fun than a lousy Ryanair flight for that kind of money. I don't suppose they're going to cancel/refund their lucrative flights.

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
708 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Ryanair changes

I'm with wrapps 100% it's the not knowing and the pure nonchalant approach that gets me. We are being treated like children with information being withheld so yep we can't make alternative arrangements like as wrapps says hotels/transfers/worka annual leave.

I have a read a bit into this and compensation i think is paid not only on the lenght of time the delay amounts to but how far the trip is with 1500km ringing a bell? So wrapps your Dublin to Milan is or i think it is more than 1500km?? So my reckoning is they will keep these flights and cancel the shorter ones as these attract less compensation.

What annoys me is its entirely forseeable this. And love the way they have incoroparted "weather conditions" and its "to improve punctuality" well am sorry but if a plane is on the ground how can it improve punctuality??

This will run and run....

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Ryanair changes

Now I dont mind as long as they get me there as coming back is a pain.

The news around Dublin is that Norwegian Air have taken on 140 of Ryanair staff so they all gave in their notice and all want their holidays that they are due before they walk away.

This is what has put Ryanair in trouble none of that bull s---- about pilots holidays they have about 1500 pilots and another 6500 staff did they cock up the other 6500 no just the pilots Ryanair are one thing and that aint Stupid.

They are spinning a load of lies about this.

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Ryanair changes

Its Norwegian Air that Ryanair are using for their New York flights....

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Ryanair changes

Ryanair dont do New York flights none that you can book and if their is a tie up between the two companies that makes it worse.

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Ryanair changes

Its a done deal,just not been made public yet. This won't help them though.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Ryanair changes

Perhaps they have taken on more than they can cope with,

Graham

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: Ryanair changes

express.co.uk/travel/articles/780182/ryanair…

Heres the advert about the link up. Maybe they assumed it was a link up for transatlantic flights but the link up was for these staffing issues.

If thats the case they knew about it back in March !

Aabenraa, Denmark
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Ryanair changes

Hi. . There is now a update for cancelled flight from ryanair.

Go check it out : …amazonaws.com/flightcancellations.pdf

Dosnt look like any flight to malta is cancelled

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Ryanair changes

I am not suggesting that Ryanair staff won' t accept bags f they are 1 cm too big but it was ludiricous seeing all those massive ' handbags'. What is so annoying is that you abide by the rules and then see people blatantly ignoring them.....and getting away with it

Reply to: Ryanair changes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted