We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing for November /December

Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Clothing for November /December

From Canada so used to cooler weather. Trying to decide on clothing. Day and evenings as far as temperature. Will bring along waterproof jacket and umbrella.

Thank you

7 replies to this topic
The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing for November /December

It depends on who you talk to, age (to an extent), and how you take the cold. I tend to wear summer clothes with the addition of a cardigan or light jacket which can easily be removed if the sun shines. I also tend to wear sandals since I don't mind potentially getting my toes wet. I don't really feel the cold though, and am happy in a t shirt even if it is only 14 degrees. The locals will be wearing overcoats, hats, scarves, boots and gloves. Layers are recommended and the waterproofs could prove essential :)

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing for November /December

We used to say that the cold weather starts after the Christmas season. Most locals wll be wearing winter clothes......but not the heavy padded kind. Often during the day a sweater will be enough with a jacket in the evenings.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothing for November /December

Will be in Malta & Gozo Nov 4-12. Is it warm enough to bring shorts & a bathing suit or just jeans? Humid or dry? And is it windy?

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
280 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothing for November /December

You can still swim in November. But expect some windy days or rough sea on particular days.

It will be a bit cold for shorts, jeans better. Its more dry unless it's raining

Expect wind, but this in general will not interfere with your activities

Edited: 30 September 2017, 11:39
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothing for November /December

Thank you. Still able to snorkel? Any suggestions of best places for that?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothing for November /December

It is cooling off so best to have realistic aspirations with November swimming. It's quite nice snorkeling alongside Mellieha Bay (Ghadira). Not the main beach but the eastern rocky shoreline.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
715 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothing for November /December

Hi spree

We always go end November into December always had some very nice warm days low 20s,also had torrential rain,also cold wind

Best advice cover all eventualities ,we always need warm clothes leaving and returning to England so it's there if we need them

Seabank here we come again

Phil brum

Reply to: Clothing for November /December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta