We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mozzi spray and raid

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
mozzi spray and raid

would i need to buy the really strong jungle formula body spray or will medium strength do for coral bay area , also are you allowed to take a can of raid bug spray in your luggage

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mozzi spray and raid

Hi, I always take a can of hairspray in my luggage so don't see why you can't take your Raid Bug Spray. When are you going cos we have had holidays in Sept/Ocy and have never been bothered by mozzies. We always take a plug in for our room but tend not to use it. Barbara

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mozzi spray and raid

hi we are going the 13th September staying in a villa some were in coral bay area have been told they will be loads round the pool in the evening , hoping they are wrong , got a 3 year old with us so was not too sure if the plug ins would still be ok to use , which ones do you use

june

Kent, England
Level Contributor
913 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mozzi spray and raid

We are not usually bothered too much by mozzies in Cyprus.We usually take some Avon skin so soft to put on in the evenings, it also doubles as skin moisturiser, and a plug in just in case, although we don't usually need it. If you take a plug in, make sure you get the UK plug type not the 2 pin variety.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mozzi spray and raid

You can buy effective bug sprays from any supermarket here.

What we do is spray the room/s as we go out. ( I literally back out of the house :) ) and by the time we're ready to go to bed, the air is breathable again and any mozzies are corpses!

I do use Jungle Formula, but it is quite vicious - you've got to watch your nail polish. Skin so Soft works - when I have it, I use it all the time.

I have to say that we are not bothered much by mosquitoes. Instead we're nibbled, mainly around the ankles, by what are known in Cyprus as 'no see ums' ( cos you can't see them!). They are tiny but aggravating. Their bites don't last like mosquito bites but you know when you're being persistently bitten.

Not being a fashionista, I wear cotton socks and trousers sitting outside at home at night. May not be a pretty sight but don't need to use chemicals :) Perhaps that might be an idea for your little one?

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mozzi spray and raid

thanks for the advice taken it all on board

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
75 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mozzi spray and raid

Went to Paphos in middle of August, both myself husband and daughter did not get one bite. This is first time in over 20 years of going to greek islands we have not been bitten. After first week stopped using any spray. Also people we spoke to said they had not been bitten. Hopefully you will not be too troubled in September.

7. Re: mozzi spray and raid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 23:17