We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus question

Florida
Level Contributor
569 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
bus question

We are buying the Innsbruck Card. Just to make sure I have this correct.. if I want to leave the train station around 9 am and go to the Innsbrucker Nordkettenbahnen cable cars, I walked across the street to the bus station and can take either Bus R or H and then transfer to Bus J (19 minute total bus ride) to get there? It seems like there is a bus about every 10 minutes from the station?

Also, if the weather is not clear and we want to just go to the city center instead, we can take bus F or M or 501 or tram 3 from the train station?

5 replies to this topic
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,780 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus question

The train station actually is located in the city center why you can easily walk to most sights in the old town. In my opinion walking would even be easier because the routings of buses and trams - especially while moving through the central part - are a little confusing for a first-time user.

Do you want to start your Nordkette mountain trip at Innsbruck Congress (behind Hofburg Palace), where the cable car to the valley station of the cableway in Hungerburg leaves from, or do you want to go directly to the aforementioned valley station and skip the cable car ride?

Edited: 03 May 2017, 03:02
Florida
Level Contributor
569 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus question

I want to take the cable car up. Is that what most people do? Is there a preference?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,780 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus question

The Innsbruck Card covers the full trip from Innsbruck's center to the top mountain station at Hafelekar, all three sections, so start and end your trip at Innsbruck Congress.

Florida
Level Contributor
569 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus question

Ok, thanks.

5. Re: bus question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 May 2017, 18:35

Reply to: bus question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Innsbruck