We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Ramada Tivoli Innsbruck

Bombay, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Ramada Tivoli Innsbruck

Hello,

I am staying at the Ramada Tivoli and understand that it can be reached by a J bus. Would be grateful for inputs on the following:

1) We would be arriving by train with big bags, Is the J bus bus-stop close by?

2) What is the frequency of the buses?

3) How much would a taxi cost? Do they charge extra for bags?

Thanks

Sameer

7 replies to this topic
1. Re: Bus to Ramada Tivoli Innsbruck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 May 2017, 18:35

Bombay, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Ramada Tivoli Innsbruck

Thanks a ton, Linda, for the extremely detailed and helpful reply.

We are planning to visit Innsbruck early next month and are looking forward to visiting your beautiful county and your beautiful city.

A BIG THANKS once again.

Sorry if I am testing your patience and generosity, but I would be extremely grateful if you could answer one more question.

We are looking at the Grand Europa Hotel near Innsbruck station (along with the Ramada Tivoli) and have read that it is very close to a strip club. This has caused some nervousness in our minds regarding the overall safety of the area. Should we be concerned in this regard.

A local person's opinion would be invaluable.

Once again, apologies for taxing you and thanks for your help.

Regards

Sameer

Vienna
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Ramada Tivoli Innsbruck

Some information about the mobility in Innsbruck: https:/…public-transport.html

Check also the homepage of the public transport (unfortunately only in German): http://www.ivb.at/

And in English www.vvt.at/page.cfm…

Have a nice time in Innsbruck!

Francesca

Innsbruck, Austria
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Ramada Tivoli Innsbruck

Hi Sameer,

Innsbruck is probably one of the safest cities in Europe. Although station areas are normally the not-so-nice areas, I have taken a bus frome there many times after 22:00 and never felt unsafe or uncomfortable. However, coming from South Africa, I am more aware of my surroundings when walking in such an area where you may expect "shady characters" to hang out.

So, to answer your question - I don't think safety should be a reason for not staying at the Grand Hotel Europa. As far as I know it's a pretty decent hotel and of course walking distance from everything in the Innsbruck old town.

Ramada is also a good choice. It all depends on how close to the station and the old town you want to be.

Best,

Linda

5. Re: Bus to Ramada Tivoli Innsbruck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 May 2017, 14:28

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,779 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Ramada Tivoli Innsbruck

I would rather stay at any hotel in the city center, but if the difference in price is that good, well then stick to it! Better use any citybus instead of any regional buses because local buses run more frequently.

Bus J unfortunately does not stop right in front of the train station, the closest stop is on 'Museumstraße', a little North of 'Südtiroler Platz'.

But why not taking a bunch of lines to get to your hotel, also to avoid walking with baggage in tow, a change of buses or trams is not the end of the world.

So simply get a bus F (towards: Baggersee) or tram 3 (towards: Amras) - leaving from the bus/tram terminal in front of the train station - two stops to 'Leipziger Platz', there get off and wait for the next J bus (towards: Patscherkofelbahn or Olympiaexpress), get off after one stop at 'Tivoli'.

Especially if you intend to buy and use the Innsbruck Card this way might be better because I am not sure whether regional buses (those leaving the city for targets outside the city) are covered by the Innsbruck Card.

Bombay, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to Ramada Tivoli Innsbruck

Dear Michel.

Thanks a lot for the detailed and extremely useful advice. Really, really value it

Regards

Sameer

Reply to: Bus to Ramada Tivoli Innsbruck
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Innsbruck