We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to base in Innsbruck area?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
143 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Where to base in Innsbruck area?

Hello everyone,

I've done some research and got more confused hence I'm writing this.

I will be arriving in Innsbruck Airport in early September and I have 3.5 days there. I would love to enjoy the Alps scenery by doing a bit of light day trekking, sightseeing (of the Alps) and maybe some activities like cycling & paragliding. Not into admiring old town and history.

So where should I stay? Anyway, I'm on low budget, can't drive and will be heading to Munich on the fourth day.

Thank you in advance!! :)

4 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to base in Innsbruck area?

Go to one of the villages in a private bed and breakfast pension - Aachensee, Kramsach, Lermoos, etc. - public transport: www.oebb.at

Edited: 20 May 2017, 23:18
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
364 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to base in Innsbruck area?

Neutift is a lovely place with great walks and accesdible by public transport from Innsbruck

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
695 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to base in Innsbruck area?

Hi

I recommend Seefeld, its less than half an hour by train from Innsbruck, has all the activity you wish and on a scenic rail line to Munich! Its at over 1000 meters surrounded by mountains.

Check it Out: http://www.seefeld.com/en/

Regards

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,474 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to base in Innsbruck area?

Seefeld probably fits the bill the most since there is a lot to do (e.g. hiking, biking) and to see in the region (Towns of Mittenwald and Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Zugspitze Mountain, Neuschwanstein Castle). There are also direct trains from Seefeld into Munich.

Reply to: Where to base in Innsbruck area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Innsbruck