We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Places to visit in Innsbruck & Salzburg

6 posts
Save Topic
Best Places to visit in Innsbruck & Salzburg

Hello,

We are planning for Austria trip – Innsbruck & Salzburg – 2 or 3 nights each.

I have already planned for the in Innsbruck - Old Town Innsbruck, The Nordkettenbahnen, Swarovski Crystal Worlds etc. & in Salzburg – Hallstatt & St. Wolfgang

I wish to know which would be the other best places to visit.

Also is there any week pass available using which I can travel from Innsbruck to Salzburg or to Hallstatt etc.

Thanks in advance

Amit

4 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
25,474 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Places to visit in Innsbruck & Salzburg

please do some research in a guide book or using each city's website. all the info is there and you can select where YOU want to go and see. we do not know what you want to do. but vienna and salzburg need more than 2-3 nights each, especially salzburg. cut out innsbruck and spend at least another day in both the other cities. you wont regret it.

6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Places to visit in Innsbruck & Salzburg

For sure I am not planning vienna this time but more interested in salzburg & Innsbruck..

But need some information - what are the different places I can visit reachable by train or public transport.

Linz, Austria
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Places to visit in Innsbruck & Salzburg

Untersberg, a mountain, from Salzburg.

http://www.untersbergbahn.at/en

Innsbruck, Austria
Level Contributor
234 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Places to visit in Innsbruck & Salzburg

For 2 days in Innsbruck I would recommend buying the Innsbruck Card which includes the Nordkettenbahnen, Swarovski Crystal Worlds and all the highlights in the Old Town.

You can fit all these into one day, but you'll have to be out early and plan well.

For the 2nd day, if you want to do things within easy reach of public transport, I will suggest taking the sightseer bus (also included in the Innsbruck Card) to Schloss Ambras and the Bergisel ski jump and Panorama museum, and also taking the tram to Mutters and go up with the Muttereralm cable car. It's really pretty up there with a little mountain lake and some short hikes/activities.

Don't cut Innsbruck out. It's a beautiful area to explore.

Reply to: Best Places to visit in Innsbruck & Salzburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Innsbruck