We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stubai glacier snow in may??

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Stubai glacier snow in may??

Hi all,

My partner and I are travelling from Aus in mid May. We just want 2 or 3 days that we can snowboard, even if just for a few hours a day. We are only beginners.

We were initially going to hinterlux but on one of my other posts, I had someone suggest going to stubai instead as it has more beginner runs.

Can anybody shed some more light for me?

Does it snow on the mountain in May and there for be soft? Or will it be icy and slushy due to the spring weather?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

3 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,152 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Stubai glacier snow in may??

who knows? it is a glacier and that means that it does get fresh snow from time to time. you could be there after some fresh snowfall, or you could be there when there has been a spell of fine weather and snow could be icy or slushy. there are piste machines in use so provided you are anyway proficient on a snowboard, you should be able to manage whatever the conditions.

Vienna
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
2. Re: Stubai glacier snow in may??

Hi,

Stubai Glacier is better for skiing.

There is also an ice cave to visit https:/…

Best Regards

Claudia

Innsbruck, Austria
Level Contributor
234 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Stubai glacier snow in may??

I agree with Nakagoli. We've been to the Stubai Glacier for skiing on sunny days in May, and some slopes do get slushy later in the day. Therefore, my advice would be to go early and get in an hour or two before most people arrive and be done by lunchtime before the slopes become slushy.

Reply to: Stubai glacier snow in may??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Innsbruck