We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

Will be visiting Harstad from 10am - 7pm on a cruise ship and want to do a private tour of your town including the town centre, Trondenes Church & Historical Centre/Adolf's Gun,Hemmestad Village/Wharf, Kvaefjord,plus any other points of interest that you may suggest and we have time for. Time for shopping in the town centre can be add at the end of the tour if the town centre is not far from the cruise port? Can anyone advise the walking/taxi distance?

Pick up and return to the cruise ship port is required.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,187 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

Try to email their tourist office for advice:

post@visitharstad.com

Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

Thank you for your very fast reply.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,996 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

Cruise ships in Harstad ! Well that was new to me and I had to consult my maritime pilot husband to have it confirmed. And yes, there are two or three ships per summer. I will definitely go to Harstad on one of these occasions to see what it is like having a cruise liner in town.

Harstad is a two-street town and everything is near to hand and the ships dock in the centre.

Harstad Tourist Office is the right place for inquiries about a guide, but it does cross my mind that they all might be busy guiding the passengers from the ship. I suppose you will have to hire a taxi for transport, but anyway you will need to contact the Tourist Office for a quote.

Bear in mind that also Hurtigruten southbound docks in Harstad in the morning and many passengers from there do a bus trip that includes Trondenes church on their way south to Sortland.

ann arbor, mi
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

I wonder if you ever had any fruitful replies. We will be on the ship (Insignia) and would be happy to join you on any private guided adventures. That goes for other ports also. We just started looking at the optional excursions.

susangen@comcast.net

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
5,220 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

We have a roll call going on Cruise Critic come join if you are not there already

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

Edited: 06 July 2010, 05:52
San Diego...
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

We are a group of 10 traveling together next June on the Insignia. Did you locate a tour company and what are the real highlights to see in HAastad on a 2-3 hour tour? Thanks.

Peter (Levine), weinpal@gmail.com

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
5,220 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

Peter

Rhonda posted the tour guide info she used on CC on your roll call

Lyn

Edited: 18 September 2010, 08:10
San Diego...
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

Rhonda- sent me to the tourist office. They wanted more specifics and I really can't find much to see there except for the giant German Canon and the Tondenes church. My inclination is to just walk around and perhaps also gains internet cafe access.

Peter

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
5,220 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

We just walked around the town ..found a nice cafe for coffee & treats Went to the library for free internet & looked in the shops

I know they went for about 6-7 hr tour up to the church & the farm same as on the O tours

Some people took the bus (right across from the port) up to the church not sure of the # but the tourist rep will be on board just after they dock

10. Re: Harstad - Looking for guide - August 6, 2010 - 2-3 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 12:15