We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle bus from Evenes Airport to Sortland

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Shuttle bus from Evenes Airport to Sortland

Hello,

Can anyone help us with advice on the shuttle bus from Evenes airport to Sortland?

Our flight from Oslo is scheduled to arrive in Evenes airport at 15.00 (on 10th June). There is a shuttle bus scheduled to leave Evenes airport for Sortland at 15.10 (according to http://www.flybussen.no/en/Sortland/result).

This seems like a very short turnaround, and therefore that we will not be able to get this bus. However, it seems strange that the bus would leave just before a whole plane of people from Oslo arrive (and then no more buses until 17.45).

Does anyone know if the shuttle bus is designed to pick up the passengers arriving from Oslo at 15.00? I.e. will it wait for us?

We need to catch another bus on from Sortland, and are hoping we can get the last bus of the day (at 7pm) rather than having to stay in Sortland overnight, so it makes quite a big difference.

Thanks,

Sarah

2 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,719 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle bus from Evenes Airport to Sortland

I think this bus is designed to meet the 15:00 arrival, but I cannot be 100% sure. Although Evenes is a small airport, it seems tight and it takes some time for the luggage to arrive. I suggest one of you go and tell the driver as soon as you are in the terminal while the other waits for the luggage. The buses will wait in case flights are delayed - lets hope you arrive early :)

Stokmarknes, Norway
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle bus from Evenes Airport to Sortland

Last wednesday I picked up a friend at Sortland who came with the plane that was supposed to land at 15 00. The bus was 20 minutes late at Sortland (should have been there 17 15, but came 17 35). The bus waited till all the passengers from the plane had picked up their luggage and were ready to leave. I'm sure that's the way it always works, so don't worry. You certainly will be able to catch that "15 10 bus" because it is a bus that always wait for all the passengers from the plane.

Reply to: Shuttle bus from Evenes Airport to Sortland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted