We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Harstad

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
Save Topic
Parking in Harstad

Hi

I will be in Harstad at the end of the year and was just wondering if anyone knows what the story is with parking on the street? The hotel I am staying in has no parking so I'm thinking that I may get a space to park in somewhere close by. Is parking free between certain hours say 6 in the evening to 8 the following morning or do you have to pay all the time?

Thanks

Sarah

4 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,698 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Harstad

Which hotel ? You may find street parking.

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Harstad

im staying in the clarion collection hotel arcticus

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,698 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Harstad

You should find street parking there overnight. We did.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Harstad

If you can't find a place on the street there is a covered car park on the left just before you turn right to get to the hotel entrance - you can stop directly outside to unload for a limited time. (I didn't spot the car park immediately - the entrance isn't that obvious; it's on Tordenskjolds gate.) It is free to park between 18:00 and 08:00 (maybe 17:00, can't remember exactly). It has a payment system I hadn't come across before - when you park (even during free period) you have to put your credit card in the machine to get a ticket. You then put the same card in again when you leave and you will be charged what you owe. The machine cleverly doesn't charge you for the free hours. It is 16 NOK per hour I think. So it's not too bad if you are leaving around 9 in the morning ( btw nice breakfast there!)

Reply to: Parking in Harstad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted