We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from Holywell, Wales to Hay on Wye, Wales

Teton Village...
2 posts
Save Topic
how to get from Holywell, Wales to Hay on Wye, Wales

I would love any information on busses or trains from the Holywell area to Hay on Wye in April. Any ideas? So far the only thing I can find is to go back to London and take the train to Hereford and catch a bus then. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hay-on-Wye
Hay-on-Wye
Powys, UK
London
London
England, UK
Hereford
Hereford
Herefordshire, UK
Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get from Holywell, Wales to Hay on Wye, Wales

I was about to say that there is a very useful website (once you get used to it!):

www.traveline-cymru.info

However, I did a quick check on your journey and found that it did not recognise Holywell in Wales for some reason (even if I used the Welsh name Treffynon).

However, do not despair. You are not too far from Chester, so from Chester you can get a train to Hereford and from there a bus to Hay. You should do the journey in about 4 hours as you will need to change trains at Crewe.

On the Traveline-cymru website, use the "plan my journey" link to work out your travel options.

Mentioned in this post
Wales
Wales
United Kingdom
Chester
Chester
Cheshire, UK
Hereford
Hereford
Herefordshire, UK
Crewe
Crewe
Cheshire, UK
2. Re: how to get from Holywell, Wales to Hay on Wye, Wales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Hay-on-Wye