We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday parks

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Holiday parks

Hi

Does anyone know which, if any, holiday parks are within walking distance to the town?

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
23,364 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday parks

Depends what you regard as 'walking distance'. Waterside is probably the nearest and is 2 miles along the beach/sea wall. Littlesea, Weymouth Bay, Sea View and Chesil Haven are all a short bus ride into town (Waterside also has a bus service).

Mentioned in this post
Weymouth
Weymouth
Dorset, UK
Peterborough
Level Contributor
414 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday parks

Waterside is an excellent site but I have the feeling its not Haven

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday parks

Ah!! Waterside!

Yes, that's the one we have used, for the life of me I couldnt remember its name, it was a nice flat walk along the front into Weymouth and yes, there was also a free shuttle bus. We used to book through Hoseasons but not sure who owns it.

Mentioned in this post
Weymouth
Weymouth
Dorset, UK
Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday parks

www.watersideholidaygroup.co.uk/waterside/

that's the website I believe :)

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday parks

Thank you, walking distance would be short as have a 3 year old but if there's regular buses this would be ok

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
23,364 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday parks

Littlesea and Waterside have their own bus services (502 and 503) which run daily from early April until the end of October. Sea View and Weymouth Bay are served by the Preston routes 4/4B and Chesil Haven by route 1 to and from Portland.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/dorset/

Edited: 29 August 2013, 19:40
Mentioned in this post
Weymouth
Weymouth
Dorset, UK
Preston
Preston
Lancashire, UK
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday parks

Hi,could anyone tell me if dogs are allowed on the bus,that goes to the town.

8. Re: Holiday parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Weymouth