We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! - group accommodation (10 People) 1st weekend in Aug

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help! - group accommodation (10 People) 1st weekend in Aug

Hi,

After my wedding in the summer im hoping to spend a long weekend with a group of friends (honeymoon is next year). We love Weymouth so would ideally like to stay there. Doesnt matter if its a drive away from Weymouth (45 mins ish is fine).

The things it must have include:

Large table 10 people can sit around

Enough space to sleep 10 people

Large enough living room for 10 people to be comfortable in

And thats it! Obviously additional extras are welcome and we would love to find somewhere with a wow factor but really if it meets those criteria then we can consider it.

Please suggest anywhere you know as im really struggling! Thank you :)

Mentioned in this post
Weymouth
Weymouth
Dorset, UK
Bay View Hotel Weymouth
Bay View Hotel Weymouth
#1 of 23 hotels in Weymouth
The Abbey House
The Abbey House
#1 of 4 hotels in Abbotsbury
The Somerset House Hotel
The Somerset House Hotel
#3 of 23 hotels in Weymouth
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! - group accommodation (10 People) 1st weekend in Aug

I have found a couple of places listed on www.visit-dorset.com though I have no knowledge of what they are like. Berwick Manor @ Puncknowle has 7 bedrooms www.pmestate.com - they also have a farmhouse on the estate which has 5 bedrooms. Also www.fryermayne.co.uk in Warmwell sleeps 10.(+ games room). Whilst these are not in Weymouth itself, they are not too far away. The visit-dorset website should help you with locations.

I suggest you could also look at bluechip holidays and dream cottages websites where there may be more.

Hope this helps and you find somewhere soon.

Mentioned in this post
Weymouth
Weymouth
Dorset, UK
england
Level Contributor
6,524 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! - group accommodation (10 People) 1st weekend in Aug

Puncknowle (pronounced punnel) is a small rural village with a pub that has a popular pub garden. Used to have live music, probably still does. Nothing much else there but other pubs around and the drive to Weymouth has beautiful views. Warmwell is nearer to Weymouth.

For a real wow factor, prices to match and an hours drive from Weymouth look at this http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/shute-barton/

Mentioned in this post
Weymouth
Weymouth
Dorset, UK
Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
895 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! - group accommodation (10 People) 1st weekend in Aug

Would be very, VERY surprised if you find a cottage for 10, in August, that would offer a weekend stay. But good place to start would be www.groupaccommodation.com.

A Youth Hostel (www.yha.org.uk) could also be a great solution (and likely to be more flexible dates wise), but you will have to 'put up' with others of course.....

Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! - group accommodation (10 People) 1st weekend in Aug

I agree that you will probably not find self catering accommodation just for a weekend, but you may consider a "posh" hotel which will have many of the facilities you want, though even those in August may not want short stays.and of course there will be other guests too consider. www.the springfield.co.uk is in the countryside near Wareham/ Lulworth, is a country house hotel and has leisure club/gym, swimming pool and spa. Also www.summerlodgehotel.co.uk at Evershot has an award winning restaurant and also a pool. I have struggled to find a cheaper hotel with games room, but The Limes in Swanage advertises one, and welcomes groups it also has a bar.- www.limeshotel.net

Mentioned in this post
Wareham
Wareham
Dorset, UK
Swanage
Swanage
Isle of Purbeck, UK
Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! - group accommodation (10 People) 1st weekend in Aug

Cant recommend somewhere to stay but something you could all do as a large group glass blowing at Stuart Wiltshires in Weymouth, i know he runs groups classes making tumblers, perfume bottles and vases. Fun and interesting for all ages and its not expensive i believe the details are on his website Stuart Wiltshire Glass

Mentioned in this post
Weymouth
Weymouth
Dorset, UK
Stuart Wiltshire Glass
Stuart Wiltshire Glass
349 Reviews
Weymouth, UK
Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! - group accommodation (10 People) 1st weekend in Aug

You could consider Lorton House ( http://www.lortonhouse.co.uk ) . Situated on the Lorton Meadows nature reserve it has fantastic distant sea views, is a 5-10 minute drive from Weymouth Town centre and hosts 16+ people.

Mentioned in this post
Weymouth
Weymouth
Dorset, UK
7. Re: Help! - group accommodation (10 People) 1st weekend in Aug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Weymouth