We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

I am currently on holiday on this park and to be honest I really wish I hadn't bothered the only positive is the area that this park is situated in after posting my thoughts on trip advisor last night I visited reception this morning and asked to speak to a manager and I was I formed by the reception manager ??? That she was off today and no other manager on park this shocked me as one manager for a 'big lively park' I asked for a contact no after telling her my many complaints and told to return tomorrow or speak to head office ( I will be doing both) I asked to speak to Mr Jennings or post replies to comments advising people that they should raise concerns at the time and not available !!!!! To top it off the ents staff tonight asked that people leave there positive comments on trip advisor which I felt very awkward to be honest. I will be making a complaint tomorrow with a hope tips gets resolved. Just wondered how people had felt at this park as massive difference in comments ???

One very unhappy holiday maker

66 replies to this topic
Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
626 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Sorry to hear you are not enjoying your holiday. Hope you manage to talk to someone today, remember to take photographs. I have noted some positive comments re the park and wonder if it has some good , but also some substandard accommodation which is not let out so often. Let us know how you get on.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,573 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Sorry you aren't enjoying your holiday I hope you can get matters resolved in time to at least enjoy your last few days.

Just a small point though, it would have been better if you had left your review till after you returned home, that way you can review your whole experience, and if things had improved, you could have written about the issues, and that they were resolved (or not!). This way, you won't be able to add anything to your review as you are only allowed to review an experience once.

People are allowed to ask for reviews on TA, in fact it is encouraged by TA, and obviously they wouldn't be asking for bad reviews, so the fact that the staff were asking for positive comments on TA is neither her nor there.

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

You have posted this twice on the forum - why?

If you have complaints they should be taken up with management or head office. You don't, I notice say what your problems are?? I do know this Company and they are usually very good at dealing with problems, however, I don't know this particular park, so can't make a judgement, I do know they have different grades of accommodation, some more basic than others, is this a problem for you. Unless you mention your gripes it will be difficult for others to undertand and agree/disagree with your opinion.

Edited: 02 August 2013, 18:02
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

What problems have you had?

Caerphilly, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

I have just returned back from this holiday camp and found it disgusting the Manager didnt want to know about any of my complaints 3 Chalets were booked for myself and my family and each were disgusting, one had a blocked toilet which overflowed on first time of using it another had feces left in the toilet which clearly proved they were not cleaned or inspected and the Mangers comment were they had experienced a sudden unexpected rainfall which was to blame!!!!The chalets overall was GROT and I spent several pounds on cleaning material and two and a half hours cleaning the one I stayed in, I removed a slept in stained sheet off one of the beds which we handed to the Manager only to ask was it a double or a single and reached under the counter to give us a fresh one, not once was there an apoligy, dogs are allowed on this site which we were aware of before we travelled and requested beforehand not to be in a chalet which had previously housed dogs, this request was ignored each of our 3 chalets had evidence of dogs in them ie; the smell left behind, one smelling of urine, and visual dog hairs everywhere we couldnt sit anywhere without having them on our clothes, my son has an allergy of dogs and this ruined our holiday, I had a dog in the next chalet which constantly barked and to lessen my time inside I went to sit out on the first morning on the bench directly in front of my chalet only to find a couple walking past allowing their dog to urinte over the bench, my son came out of his one morning to witness someone letting their dog out to do his business and immediately after called him back in without picking it up. The entertainment was useless with kids play areas and game machines in the same room, a soft play area was provided for the toddlers but was too dangerous for them to use as older children used it for throwing the equipment at each other. I could go on and on and if it wasnt for not disappointing the grandchildren I would never of taken my luggae out of the car and just got back in and gone home. I have taken photographs and will be taking it further it was a sheer waste of money and I advise anyone to stay away!!!!!!

Caerphilly, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Mangerment do not listen its a waste of time!!!!!

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
626 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Sorry to hear that your holiday was such a disaster, there are lots of good quality accommodations to be found and in the current climate when a lot of places are not as busy as they used to be , it is totally unacceptable that seriously sub standard accommodation is being offered by John Fowler Holidays. As management do not listen perhaps you should contact the directors via recorded delivery. I have done some delving this a.m. and found a name/address, which I will send via pm in the event that trip advisor cancel this posting.

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
626 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Jayden: also dont forget to provide a separate review of the accommodation on Trip Advisor as a warning to other's.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

I have complained twice the reason for the early review is that mr Jennings customer relations asks that issues are raised whilst on holiday and not left till u return home the ents staff last night asked that people post comments on TA and that was in the club we are not having a good experience and will not return to this park I know people love the park and return year after year but not for us

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

I did speak to management on more than one occasion only to have her stand in reception refuse us privacy and to stand hands gilded a cross her body very defensive

Reply to: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ilfracombe