We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailing Days

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Sailing Days

I will be holidaying in Ilfracombe for a week in August. Would really like to try a day or half day sailing experience. Any recommendations please? Thank you.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailing Days

I don't think there are any sailing type businesses in Ilfracombe, I know there is a club for younger children to begin sailing and there is a general sailing club. Maybe try emailing the sailing club in case but I only know of petrol boats from the harbour, I'm afraid.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
27,917 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailing Days

I would agree with Riotstar, it's not something I've seen there. The club may know or may offer the chance to experience for an adult if they are covered by public liability insurance.

Ilfracombe is a difficult spot for learning as the sea beyond the harbour is often choppy and there is a great deal of traffic from the larger fishing boars and trip boats. The state of the wind and tides during your visit will also add a variable.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sailing Days

Thanks so much.

4. Re: Sailing Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2017, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Ilfracombe